Golden Retriever Chow Mix Puppy

Where can I find a golden retriever chow mixed puppy?

Nicole from Worcester, MA

My daughter has a rescue retriever - chow. It may be shiba-enu chow, but can't be sure without a DNA test. She is wonderful but a little strange at times, but I think that is from her prior life rather than her mix. The pic is right after a summer cut.

I rescued this dog, "Purty" along with her 2 pups from a waste water treatment plant last week and they were in pretty rough shape. They were treated by Cape FearAnimal Hospital and she is up to date on all shots and vaccinations. Her pups have been placed in a home and she is now spayed. I've been working with Columbus County Humane Society which if the dog is adopted, it will be through them.

"Purty" is approximately 18-24 months old and super friendly. She was obviously owned by someone at one time because she's so sweet. My guess is someone dumped her when they found out she was pregnant. She is currently on an antibiotic due to her malnourishment and a developed bacterial skin infection. It is looking much better already in 2 weeks time. She is very mellow, but might act a bit timid at first.

Please call or e-mail if you or anyone you know could help by fostering/adopting "Purty." Thanks so much!

910-538-2983 Robin

Just had to add my sentiment that this is a wonderful cross. My Golden/Chow mix is sweet, very affectionate, but just a bit stubborn like a Chow. A wonderful dog, I would recommend this cross and only wish we could see more of them.

Hi- our Chow Golden is Willie! He is 6 years old and an incredible dog. I will tell you as a puppy we had to do obedience as he was a reckless, stubborn, maniac who had absolutely boundless energy. We live on a lake and he loves the water, cars- and other dogs. He is very social and likes people- especially little kids. He loves to water retrieve and goes for hours. I also have a chow collie cross and he too is an incredible dog who is now 8. My third is a Chow hound cross who, a female who is an absolute sweetheart. She is 12. All of them were adopted as rescues from the shelter. I wouldn't get a dog any other way!

This is my chow retriever mix, Pea` (payuh) which means bear in Hawaiian. He pulled the chow look but the retriever personality. He's 8 now but 4 in this picture and still looks the same. I love this dog like no other. He is part of the family. He's very loyal. Friendly but protective when needed. I can't keep him out of the water or away from balls. He goes nuts for both. I personally think this should be a new breed, it's a wonderful mix!

We adopted "canyon" from a shelter, he is golden/chow mix. He's the best. We don't know how old he is, but by far, best dog ever. He's not too active, talks by growling, won't venture far from us when off his leash. I recommend this mix breed highly!

He is beautiful. I have a chow border golden mix and she's the best dog I have ever had. She's very stubborn about stuff, but is extremely smart and loyal. She also talks by a growling, anoyed sound when she wants something.

The animal shelters are the best bet for mixed breeds. Here is a picture of my Golden Retriever Chow mix. He is now 8 years old and one of the best dogs I have ever owned.

This was Brady. We lost him about a month ago due to illness. He looks so much like these Golden Retriever Chow Mixes, I had to add him to this post. He was my best friend, so good with my kids that he will be hard to replace. If I could find another one of this mix, I would definitely grab it up.

The one on the left is Angela. I adopted her from a shelter at 6 months old. Great personality and obedient dog.

Muffin is a Chow/Golden mix. She is gentle and sweet,perfect in the house, my best friend, and great with my grandchildren and all children. Yet she is very protective of me. She inherited the best from both breeds.

My Golden/Chow mix named Dusty was a great goat herding dog. He saw through my eyes where I wanted him to go next he watched for my hand signals and was a natural. He loved his job too. We definitely had one of those E.S.P. things going on. Golden Retriever / Chow mixes make the best guard dogs too. They are not a get in your face and lick you kind of dog, just a good companion who definitely watches your back.

I found my lifesaver (literally) at a shelter after hurricane Katrina. She was all bundled up by herself because all of her siblings had found homes, and I scooped her up and she just snuggled on my shoulders and then one of the adoption workers came up to me and explained that she had not gone to anyone the entire time she had been there. She was thrown off a bridge with her siblings and abused in other ways, so she said that she was very standoffish towards people. So, I when she told me all of this I knew that she was my new baby, and she has been treated so ever since.

She is spoiled rotten! We had 2 other dogs when I adopted her and she immediately clung to them and always got along with them great. She acted like they were her new mommies. While when she was a puppy she was very energetic and into everything! she was easily potty trained, and much of her puppy-ness problems came from us not wanting to punish her. But, we eventually did and she has been the biggest blessing ever since. She is great with my nephews and just loves them. They pull on her ears and ride her around. She has no food aggression. She has the best temperament of any dog we have ever had! She's playful when you want her to be, and calm when she needs to be! Her name is Koda which means to teach about love. And she has fully lived up to her name in every aspect. People dote on her all the time, saying how beautiful she is. She truly has the best of Goldens and Chows. And she is protective only when she needs to be, like when people come to the door she doesn't know, until they come inside and she automatically makes them her new best friend!

This is our Beary Baby, he is just so wonderful, always happy go lucky, and never meets a stranger. Everyone loves him. Our family is not sure whether he is Chow/Golden, Shar-Pei/Golden, or a mix of all three, but we love him, and wish we could clone him. My sister in law keeps trying to get him to jump in her car so that she can steal him away. We Love Him, along with our other 3 babies.

I dont know. if you do have any lemme know! :D

I love my Rudy I saved him from a lady in Southern MI. The ladies dog had a liter of puppies she didn't want any of them. And since I was the age of 16 I picked the calmest one which was the sickest. So sad, his worms were as long as he was. It was amazing he lived through it all. He is my lil' love bug. He is the best dog I have ever known. The only thing is he has a lot of Retriever in him He loves to run. He's not pushy, very polite, but once he is outside he will run and run and run forever! But I wouldn't trade him for the world. ~

Just had to share this pic of my best buddy, Harley, when he was around 8. He's about 13 years old now and has bad arthritis in his hind end. I know our time together is growing short.

What a wonderful companion he has been! Sweet and intelligent disposition, so hug-gable and personality plus! He has never snapped, growled or shown any aggression. He barks to talk or alert me and loves to socialize; he knows everyone want to say hello to him.

He was rescued from the pound as a puppy (who in the world would give away a treasure like him - it was my good fortune to find him!). I hope I can share my life with another Golden Chow someday.

Love you bunches, Buddy Boy! My life wouldn't have been the same without you!

Our lovely She-ba was adopted. We got our Chow Retriever from a neighbor who was giving her and her brother away. When we got her she was 6 weeks old, now she's 12years. The family loves her they're energetic, loving, protective yet friendly dogs.

Awe this thread just makes my day. I stumbled upon my golden chow in april 2010 where a family was giving her away. Her name is Ellie and she is the BEST dog anyone could ever ask for. She is very playful with other dogs and a bit stand-offish with people initially. But once she warms up, she quickly becomes a wonderful friend. She is extremely smart and loves to please! I cannot imagine life without my Ellie Bee.

This is our 10 month old Golden Chow Chloe. We rescued her from the shelter when she was 3 months old, she is alot smaller than most.

My girl also named Chloe showed up on my porch in North Dakota while I was travel nursing. She was four months old, very thin and had a collar in her mouth. I cleaned her up and brought her inside. She is the best dog and has never once gone to the bathroom in the house. Love her!

My Sweet Sugar I had to put down in July. 1/2 Chow 1/2 Husky. Best dog I ever owned.

This is my Golden Chow, passed away 10/10/11 of cancer at the young age of 5. Miss him terribly! Buddy was the best dog ever! A Golden Chow is the best mix combination. He was perfect in every way and was loyal and such a love, great with people, children and all other animals. I recommend this breed to everyone! Miss ya Bud!

Apache - a golden/chow mix my daughter an I rescued from a shelter last December. He was wondering the streets when they found him. He was 1 year old but totally house trained. He started off in the dog pen and ended up in the house within a week. What a wonderful, loving, playful, well-mannered dog. Everyone that meets him tells him how beautiful he is! We couldn't have picked a better dog.

Our special golden chow, Apache.

Hi this is our Golden Retriever Chow Mix named Valentine Moony. We got her on Valentine's Day. The former owners named her Moony. She is more of a chow than a retriever. She is the sweetest puppy. She rarely barks and loves to play and explore. She is also super spoiled in our house with a lot of love and treats.

I know if a "Golden Chow" or a Golden Cheiver" was an established breed it would be a complete sell-out. We rescued Lexie at the Human Society like so many other folks on this site. Could there ever BE a better dog. Sweet, bright, well-mannered, patient, maternal, and utterly beautiful.

Meet our Lexie, who is also a pound puppy. This chow/golden mix could not be any sweeter. She is smart, maternal, gentle, all around fun ... and we think she should be cloned so that everyone could have one of these dear dogs.

Sunshine is our Golden Chow. After we lost our previous dog, Sunshine rescued us although she came from the shelter! We have had some great dogs over the years, but she seems to combine the best of all of them. She is absolutely overjoyed when we spend time with her, is loving and our best friend. She is the gentlest dog we have ever been around. The best!

Teddy, a Golden Chow was adopted from a shelter when one year old. We enjoy having him very much and are thinking about a second.

We adopted a golden/chow puppy from the animal shelter a little over a month ago. He had been live trapped and the center labeled him as feral as he was extremely shy, would bite and not look people in the eye. Within a month the puppy has become the brightest and best pup ever. He is smart, potty trained, loves to be petted and active like any puppy. We named him Double Dew because one of his back legs has a double dew claw on it! Here is his photo. We just love him!

I love this mix of breeds. Our dog is very loyal and protective but extremely loving and exceptionally smart. We keep our dog shaved most of the year, she has just always enjoyed her fur shaved down like a lab. This mix, I call a "RECHOW" should be a breed. It's important, very important because of the chow part to be sure to "socialize" this breed asap after adopting, with people and other animals or you can have a problem. Our dog is great at figuring out problems on her own and almost talks to us when she can't. I adopted her (3 months old) from a shelter in Midland, Texas they found her loaded with fleas and ticks in a field. I will never know her "history" and wonder at some of the pics I have seen on this site if any of these dogs are from there, because she looks so much like them. Thing is, there are not really any ticks or fleas in Midland as the humidity is so low, so I wonder if she escaped fro someplace and was on the run. They believe she had been abused.

Pets DogsNovember 1, 2006
"Puppy Love" Puppy Chow
Puppy Chow Snack Recipes
Golden Retriever Mix
Golden Retriever Mix Photos
Muffin (Golden Retriever - Chow Mix)
Golden Retriever/Chow Mix Photos
Honey the Dog at the Top of a Large Hill
Chow Chow Breed Information and Photos
🎉
🎄