Use Baking Soda To Prevent SOS Pad Rust

How to get the most out of your S.O.S. pads. By putting a layer of baking soda wherever you store your used sos pads will prevent rusting. I only use a corner of the sos pad for small jobs then put the pad on the soda and you can use it over and over until it's ready to be thrown out without that nasty rust. I use a saucer but anything that is not paper will hold it. I find it amazing.

By Stainless from Toronto, Canada

Thank you so much!

I have never heard of this one before and I ALWAYS get rusty brillo pads.

Once I heard that you can put a used brillo pad in an airtight container and it will last, but I didn't have long lasting luck with that one.

Have a great weekend!

Store your wet, used SOS pad on a small piece of aluminum foil. It WILL NOT rust! This may be the all time favorite hint I learned from a Thrifty Fun contributor!

Why use SOS or other pads made from metal that will rust when there are scouring pads made from non rusting materials that work better.They are made with a non metallic mesh embedded with an abrasive mineral or the scouring pads that do not scratch. These are available in the grocery store.

If you are using only a corner of the pad, cut them into 4th's. Also if you use the corner of a large pad put it back in the box with the others and it won't rust.

steel wool
Preventing Brillo or SOS Pads from Rusting
Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning ToolsSeptember 14, 2007
Scrubbing Pan with SOS Pad
Extending the Life of SOS Pads
Old Gun
Removing Rust Stains on Guns
Rust and Peeling Blue Paint on Car
Removing Rust from a Car or Truck
Cleaning Rust off of Metal
Removing Rust from Metal
🎉
🎄