In Memory Of Diana (Striped Tabby)

Diana was nineteen years old when she finally spent her ninth life. She was a striped tabby. I got her from a friend when we were both in the sixth grade! Diana and I were together through middle school, high school, college, and my entering the workforce. She heard a lot of stories and was the best secret-keeper.

Diana's favorite thing to do was purr. I'm not kidding. Her little motor ran at all times. Her other favorite hobby was throwing up hairballs which wasn't quite as enchanting. Diana's feet looked like little mittens since she had extra toes on each paw! Her distinctive tracks would even show up in the carpet!

By countessj from Anchorage, AK

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful story! It gives us all hope that we might be as fortunate as you & have our cat live such wonderfully long lives. Wow! to think how much you 2 have gone through. It's simply amazing to contemplate! & now your sweet furry love is purring in contentment & running through the wildflower meadows of the afterlife chasing dragonflies. Thank You!

Like Cyinda says, thank you for sharing Diana with us. True love and joy shared between Diana and you.

Hi, When I saw your cat Diana my heart went pitter patter. My Kallie looks identical to your cat and she is now getting up in years. She is 13. I'm so thrilled to hear that your precious cat lived 19 years because I already worry about the day that Kallie will pass. Fortunately she is in good health. She also loves to purr. We just adopted 2 kittens that are sisters and Kallie is not too happy these days. I'm sure you are heart broken.

I so appreciate your kind words about my lovely angel-cat! I do miss her, but I have so many good memories (and now good comments) regarding her that I feel my life is still enriched by her furry little self. There's a new kitty at my house now, and we're getting pretty close. I hope all your little cats live healthy, happy, and long lives! Thanks for looking in on my Diana. Stephanie

Hi Stephanie,

I have 4 cats and they are all very dear to me. I really understand how close a person feels with their animal friends. After all, they are sometimes better friends than people. You were so thoughtful to share your memories with all of us and thank you for your sweet story about Diana. God Bless. Connie in Vandalia, OH

Please accept our condolences. We well know the sorrow of losing a 4 legged family member. We had to put our 14 yr old Golden Retriever down this summer. We just got a Golden Retriever Puppy this week - Simba. Gotta love the Puppy Kisses! We have a cat - Sasha - that looks very much like Diana. He is just one year old & very loveable.

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your best friend. Diana was a beautiful girl! The lives of my family have been tremendously enhanced by the memorable cats who have graced our home over the years, as well as the dogs who have also been a major part of our family and who have always been loving friends with the kitties.

Thankfully, we do have wonderful memories of the love given and received so freely by all of us, whether human, feline or canine. We're truly never the same after they've once become such an integral part of our lives so please accept a hug from someone who understands and empathizes. :)

This is a beautiful poem for our furry-friends:

Rainbow Bridge (Author Unknown)

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to

someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are

meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can

run and play together. There is plenty of food and water and

sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who have been ill and old are restored to

health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made

whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our

dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and

content, except for one small thing, they each miss someone

very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run

and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops

and looks into the distance. His/her bright eyes are intent;

his/her eager body begins to quiver. Suddenly s/he begins to

run from the group, flying over the green grass, his/her legs

carrying him/her faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend

meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted

again. The happy kisses rain upon your face, your hands again

caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting

eyes of your pet, so long gone form your life but never absent

from your heart.

Then together you and your special pet cross the Rainbow Bridge.

She was a beautiful cat and you were lucky to have all that time with her. I am sorry she is gone.

Photos Pets CatsOctober 12, 2009
Display Collections In A Memory Box
Making A Memory Box
Simple square block quilt made from vintage fabric.
Making a Memory Quilt
High School Reunion
Making Memory Books for a High School Reunion