Recipe for a Side Dish Using Ingredients on Hand

I want to make something as a side dish with these ingredients for dinner. Potatoes, onions, milk, whipping cream, and cheese. I'd like to include all of them if possible. What can I make?

By Michele from Bristol, WI

You can make Scalloped Potatoes. Here is how I make it: Take 3 or 4 medium potatoes (or less), wash, and slice pretty thin.

Grease a casserole dish, and put a layer of potatoes slices on the bottom. Add a little flour, chopped onions, salt and pepper on top. Make two or three layers like this. Then pour about 2 cups of milk over everything. Bake at 400 degrees F for 1 hour or until potatoes are tender. Add grated cheese on top, and cook about 5-10 minutes more. It's very hot when it's done. Let cool a while. Hope this helps!

Anytime you have this situation go to and put ingredients in search box, and they will find a recipe(s) for you.

Go to It's a site where you list all of your ingredients you have on hand (takes a few minutes, but well worth it) and gives you oodles of recipes.

Food and Recipes Recipes Side DishesSeptember 18, 2010
glazed carrots
Carrot Side Dish Recipes
Lentil Bean Side Dish
Bean Side Dish Recipes
Pasta Side Dish
Pasta Side Dish Recipes