Disinfecting Wipes for Kitchen and Bath Clean Up

To keep my kitchen and bathrooms smelling fresh and germ free, I use Lysol disinfecting wipes. After doing the dishes and wiping the counters, tables and appliances, I go back over the counters, tables and appliances with a Lysol wipe. I also use a wipe to clean the stove hood. With a simple wipe, all the greasy build up comes off clean.

I do the same thing in the bathroom. After cleaning, I use a wipe and wipe everything down again. I keep a jug of the wipes on the toilet and after using it, the toilet gets wiped down with a wipe. Another jug is kept next to the sink for wiping it down after each use. Only takes a second or two and leaves it smelling nice and tackles the germs at the same time!

I buy the wipes at Dollar General, and lots of times I can even find them at the Dollar Tree. But even if I have to buy them at Wal Mart, they aren't too expensive. And it's a small price to pay for such a clean smelling room and to get rid of the germs!

By Cricketnc from Parkton, NC

With the dollar stores etc. Be careful some of their products look like the real mccoy, but on closer inspection are not. You never know what you are wiping onto your surfaces. To be certain it's real, buy the item at walmart, then take the empty packaging to the dollar store to compare. I found a" name brand" toothpaste for example and what looked so real turned out to be a fake. No 800 number to call customer service, and the odd size gave it away. When in doubt check it out!

I keep a spray bottle of hydrogen peroxide. When I am done for the evening or before I prepare food I spray the counter tops and wipe them down with a couple of paper towels or a clean dishcloth.

P.S. I keep another spray bottle with a few teas of peppermint oil mixed in with distilled water. After meals and clean up I spritz the lr/kitchen area with it. Allergic to most fragrances but this one I can handle and love. Even helps my sinuses LOL.

I wish people would quit using disposable stuff and start using rags and wash them. This is so wasteful.

Sorry but I really see using disposable cleaning wipes as bad economy and bad for the environment. if you really want the smell of Lysol, simply keep a small spray bottle with one or two cap fulls of Lysol cleaner mixed with water under your kitchen and bathroom sink. Use a cloth rag that can be thrown into your washer (this also helps the washing machine smell fresh).

I have been using the same cotton diaper (my baby is 29 years old) for dusting because I don't like disposable products.

This is a great way to create super bugs as well. With out germs our immune systems shut down and we cannot fight off "common" germs anymore, because they are not common anymore. Good ole soap and water is clean enough, and we don't have to waste so many natural resources by destroying them to make products people carelessly use and dispose of all day long to sit in the land fill. Wash cloths, cloth diapers and old towels are much more economical, and less harmful.

Take care, It is really hard to realize when you are trying so hard to look after yourself and protect your family that you may be doing them more harm than good. The problem is that the rest of the world cannot have your high standards of hygiene so you are putting all of you at risk of common bacteria and viruses. We can't never be ill. If you are over 50 you grew up in an altogether dirtier age! There is an old saying 'you'll eat a peck of dirt before you die' I agree with this and hope to last along time yet!

Geez, cricketnc, you're really taking a beating here!

Like you, I swear by these wipes; one in the kitchen, another in the bathroom. The main ingredients in Clorox wipes are isopropyl alcohol and water. That's where the antimicrobial action comes in. I find it hard to believe that nobody out there has never used alcohol as a disinfectant agent; if someone had posted on here that alcohol and water was a good, cheap tip--there probably would have been applause.

Beating cricketnc over the head for this is about as ridiculous as getting angry at the posters who "waste precious water" (I've seen that here and there at TF) by reusing cloth rags. I dunno, maybe I'm taking the comments the wrong way, but I think a little open-mindedness about individual choice in cleaning our homes would go a long way to promote what has seemed to be the friendly spirit of this site.

Just sayin'. And besides, those old Clorox containers are recyclable. :)

Disinfecting Wipes
Using Disinfecting Wipes
Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning ToolsJanuary 6, 2010
Rubber cleaning glove giving a thumbs up.
Homemade Cleaning Wipes
Baby Wipes Container
Uses for Baby Wipes
homemade boogie wipes
Homemade Boogie Wipes
Disinfecting Wipes
Reusing Disinfecting Wipes