Write The Check Early

When I am shopping at a store that I know I will be making a purchase (grocery shopping) and not just browsing, I fill out most of my check information in the car as well as adding the info to my check register.

Then when I am checking out, I can watch the prices being rung up and make sure the sale prices are correct. I don't need to do any check writing until the total comes up so I'm not holding up the line by watching the numbers instead of filling out the check.

By Ann4

I've done this before too, and it is a great time saver. But, be careful when writing checks in the car, rapists and kidnappers look for this kind of thing- especially women alone in the car. It might be better to start your check at home instead.

I have done this too. It saves time and you don't forget to put the information in your check book register. I sometimes am in a hurry at the check out line and if I don't have my check started, then I forget to put it in my register.By putting it in your registar first and making out the check before, you do save time later looking for that "lost" check you may have written.

I do this many times too. Only I don't do it in the car, I do it just inside the store. That way there are people around in case I have to holler for help. But I never sign the check until I am at the register. That way if it is stolen it can't be cashed. Also I use the carbon type checks. This has saved me I don't even know how many times when I've forgotten to write the amount in the register.

A woman speaking to a clerk at the grocery store.
Grocery Shopping Tips
Consumer Advice Shopping Grocery ShoppingJanuary 12, 2005
Background Check
Know What Information Is In Your Background Check
Woman leaning on her cart thoughtfully at the grocery store
Frugal Tips for Grocery Shopping
ice chest cooler
Keeping Groceries Cold
A calendar page showing January 1st.
Remembering to Write the Correct Year
🎄