Burn Mark on a Corian Counter

I scorched my Corian tabletop. Is there a way to repair it?

By Tina from NY

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Yes, Corian burn marks and other mishaps can be repaired. Some, if not too deep, can be fixed just by sanding the area. If you don't want to try it yourself you can contact the Corian dealer/installer in your area and they will make the repair so you never know there had been a repair made.

Answer

I had a candle burning on my Corian countertop and it left a burnt stain. How can I remove the ugly stain?

By Suraiya from IL

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How do I get a burn mark off a Corian countertop?

By molly1149 from Hiram, GA

Answers:

Burn Mark On Corian Counter

I had a bad burn on a countertop. When we built the house, we had gathered ideas we liked. It just so happened one of the ideas were tiles inset onto the countertop near the stove. My husband cut squares and inset decorative tiles that matched the kitchen decor on either side of my stove. It eliminated the burn spot. (08/30/2009)

By angel3210

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I left a hot pan on Corian and it made a white circle burn mark. How can I remove the burn marks without damaging the Corian surface?

Jerry

Answers:

Burn Mark On Corian Counter

Here's a tip I read years ago in a very old "Hints from Heloise" book:

If you set a hot pot down and scorch your countertop, mark a square around the burned place that you can cover with an inexpensive ceramic tile. Use a drill and jigsaw to cut out the marked square. Replace the section with the ceramic tile and grout in place.

Why do this instead of figuring out a way to remove or hide the burned spot? It's because you're going to keep cooking in this same kitchen, and you're going to keep being yourself. Obviously, this spot is a convenient place to be able to set down a hot pan safely. If you just scoured out the burnt spot, odds are good you'd have another burn in almost the same place to deal with sooner or later. Once you've taken an hour or so to replace that bit of counter with ceramic tile instead, your kitchen prep area is custom-designed for your needs.

Hope this idea helps.
(08/29/2008)

By sterghe

Burn Mark On Corian Counter

No need to do any cutting into the Corian.
Items you will need:

• light abrasive cleanser
  • non-scratch pad
  • light sandpaper
  • electric sander
  1. Look over the counter top. Examine scratches, cuts and burns. Determine if they are surface scratches or deeper scratches.
  2. Wash countertops in the area that has normal surface scratches. Use a light, abrasive cleanser and a non-scratch pad such as Scotch-Brite. Use light circular motions, and then rinse off with a damp cloth. Apply pressure only lightly.
  3. Restore with a 400-grit sandpaper on a wet surface when the cleanser doesn't get all surface scratches with light pressure only.
  4. Use slightly heavier grit sandpaper and a small electric sander on Corian countertops to restore deeper cuts and burns.
  5. Check the sanded area to make sure the edges of the area where you have sanded blend in with the rest of the counter top. Lightly sand the edges, if necessary.
  6. Contact a company that is certified in Corian restoration. It has special equipment and products, if your do-it-yourself project doesn't produce the desired results.

Once the repair has been made buy several tiles and place them on the counter and use them to put your hot pans instead of placing directly on the Corian. (08/29/2008)

By Harry

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
corona kitchen countertop
Repairing a Corian Countertop
Home and Garden Repair Home KitchenOctober 29, 2010
Marble Countertop
Repairing a Burn Mark on a Marble Countertop
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
hot coffee pot placed on counter by waitress
Removing Heat Stains and Burn Marks on Formica
Before photo of painted laminate countertop.
Polishing Counter Tops
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 21, 2016 at 6:27:37 AM on 10.0.1.58 in 823 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.