My White Barrel Handbag is Turning Yellow

I have a white barrel handbag and it is turning yellow. Any suggestions on cleaning it?

Rebecca from Mannford, OK

Sometimes things turn color becuase they are stored in a semi-airless environment like a plastic bag or tightly closed chest.

This tells you what not to do, but am sorry, can't help with the situation.

Dye it maybe? Add patches? If it's elegant and leather, find out who might re-finish shoes and ask them.

The white handbag is a white dooney bourke barrel bag. It is turning a yellow up around the top. Any suggestions on cleaning it or a remover for the yellow tint?

I used Dryel on mine, just rubbed it on there, and then used a damp cloth to clean it off. Made a huge difference! I was desperate to make it look new again, and it worked wonderfully!!

I don't know how to remove the yellow discoloration, so I hope some of the advice posted by others here will help. But if not, I wonder if white shoe polish made for leather would at least cover the yellow and make it look like new again?

I don't have an answer, but I bet I know who would.

I would get on line with Dooney and have them get an answer for you (or a replacement).

For the price of what they ask for their handbags, they ought to not be turning yellow!

I'm all for buying high quality, long lasting goods, because they save money in the long run, but to have an expensive purse turn yellow is criminal.

You can send a Coach handbag back to them and they will repair, refurbish, or replace their products. Surely, Dooney must have a similar policy?

Good luck!

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceAugust 7, 2006
Lilac Bush
Lilac Leaves Turning Yellow
Cleaning Old Dresses
Removing Yellow Creases from Stored Dresses
Yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
Homemade Yellow Cake Recipes
Cucumber Blooms
Cucumbers Turning Yellow
🎉
🎄