Italian Tomato Salad
Plain croutons are fine but I especially love the added flavor of using Pepperidge Farm Zesty Italian Croutons for this salad :-)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 medium vine ripened tomatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. capers, drained
- 1 cup croutons, or more to taste
Whisk oil and vinegar in a large bowl, add the tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, basil and capers, toss well to coat, add croutons, toss again and serve.
By Deeli from Richland, WA
Read feedback for this post below.
Click here to post feedback.
Sounds like a great salad Deeli
Wonderful recipe. I'm growing most of the ingredients in my garden right now. I think I'll try it at harvest time.
Add your voice to the conversation.