Looking For Quiche Recipes

Wondering if anyone has a favorite quiche recipe they would like to share. I am thinking that this would be a good way to make ends meet, now that gas and everything else is so expensive. Thanks for anyone who can help!

Ann from So. Maine

I have used this recipe for years. Just start with a normal pie crust. place it in the pie dish or quiche pan. then add shredded cheese. preferably a strong one like swiss or the like. then add whatever you want in the quiche. i like to add cooked spinach and mushrooms with a bit of garlic. Place the filling on the cheese. the egg mixture is 3 eggs to 1 cup milk. sprinkle top with paprika. place in a 350 degree preheated oven for 40-45 mins. hope you like!:)

Go to www.recipezaar.com and type in Quiche, there are 849 recipes

Under the page number look for the word"rating" and click on it.It will sort out the recipes to the ones people like the best and have made the most.

I'm sure you'll find one or two you'll like.

I learned how to make quiche in high school when I was taking serious French lessons. I use a ratio of one egg to 1/2 cup of whole milk. It usually takes 3 times this amount for the quiche. Michelle has great filling ideas. My favorites are shredded sharp cheddar and broccoli or bacon (six slices cooked and crumbled) and swiss cheese (using cooked ham pieces make it Quiche Lorraine). Bake for 15 minutes at 425F then for 350F for one half hour.

Besides pie crust, you can use leftover rice with an egg mixed in for the crust. I usually use whatever leftover veggies, meat, and any kind of cheese that I have in my fridge. They are a wonderful way to make a frugal meal and taste so great. Sometimes, I don't even heat up my big oven, but make them in a square pan and bake in the toaster oven to save electricity.

Food and Recipes Recipes EggsMay 8, 2008
Spinach Quiche
Spinach Quiche Recipes
Freezing Quiche
Freezing Quiche
Quiche Being Served on White Plate
Microwave Quiche Recipes
Vegan Quiche
Vegan Quiche Recipes