Spinach Quiche Recipes
Read More Comments
This quiche I created is not only delicious but aromatic. It is a full meal by itself or with a salad!
- 1 ready to roll out pie crust - Pillsbury ready crust
- 8 jumbo eggs or ex-large
- spices for egg mixture- 1/2 teaspoon, old bay seasoning, nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, 1 teaspoon fresh snipped basil (about 4 large leaves snipped), 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1 teaspoon chopped dried onion.
- 1/2 cup half n' half
- 1 lb bacon (I cook bacon on a cookie sheet on foil in the oven on 400 degrees until browned and crispy. Remove, cool and put in a baggie and crush.
- 1 box (10 oz) spinach, thawed, squeeze out the liquid. Using a thick paper towel, roll it and squeeze~
- 4 kinds of cheese, I use any cheeses I have left over in the house. The main cheese should be cheddar. To make up 2 cups of shredded cheese. Use; cheddar, Monterey jack, provolone, Mexican blend.
- Monterey jack cheese
- 4 oz. crumbled Feta cheese
- Start by preheating oven to 375 F.
- Break 8 eggs into a bowl, add all spices and half n' half. Beat well then set aside.
- After cooking bacon and crumbling it. Set aside. Do the same with the spinach.
- Having all your pre work ready in bowls makes this easier. Cheeses all mixed in a bowl.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the pie crust and using the rolling pin roll to roll the dough a little bit bigger. I use a glass quiche dish, which is deeper and a bit wider than a pie dish. Take the pie crust and carefully evenly cover over the dish. Pinching the edging making it taller.
- Add the spinach evenly, then bacon crumbles, feta, 1 & 1/4 cups of 4 cheeses evenly covering the quiche. Add the egg mixture.
- Carefully place in oven for about 40 minutes. 15 minutes before the end, cover the quiche with the remaining cheeses.
- Testing with a knife in the center. If it comes out with raw egg, cook a few minutes longer. The quiche should be firm all throughout.
7 More Solutions
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
For Cheddar crust: Mix cheese, flour, dry mustard, salt and milk to moisten with butter. Spray non-stick pie dish with non-stick cooking spray and press mixture into dish.Read More...
This makes a great brunch dish! Very attractive looking dish for guests and very good.Read More...
Try one of these two versions of spinach bacon quiche for a wonderful main dish.Read More...
Grease 9x13 inch pan with butter. Cut crusts off bread. Butter both sides of bread. Place 8 slices of bread in pan, 1/2 of each of the cheeses, 1/2 of the bacon, a layer of leaf spinach, and mushrooms, and the green peppers.Read More...
A delicious breakfast, lunch or light dinner, a quiche is enhanced with the addition of spinach and cheese. This is a page about making a spinach and cheddar quiche.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.