Dog is Marking Furniture

I have a male dog who is 6 years old. He has been fixed for years and I thought that would stop him from marking on the corners of my furniture. He still has not stopped. He's ruining my furniture and I keep having to clean them, only to find he marked the corners again. My husband wants me to get rid of him. He is very healthy the vet checked him. Please help.

By Margi from IN

I had a miniature poodle who did the same thing. I got diapers for him on ebay. It required padding, so I cut a sanitary pad in half and used that. It worked very well. I would just change the pad when he was wet. It also gave me a revenge type pleasure when I caught him lifting his leg on my furniture, as he was urinating on himself. Of course, I washed him up.

You should try changing whatever you are cleaning the furniture with! Dogs often "mark" things to cover smells they don't like!

A pug sitting on the floor in the kitchen.
Dog Marking Territory in the House
Pets Dogs AdviceOctober 15, 2010
Furniture polish being sprayed on wood furniture.
Removing Furniture Polish Build Up from Wood Furniture
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film
Marking Hard Boiled Eggs
Marking Hard Boiled Eggs
kid wearing a jacket
Marking Jackets for School
🎉
🎄