Getting Rid of Bats in the Attic

Category Bats
Bats in the Attic
Although bats are very beneficial in helping to keep the insect population in control, having them move into your attic is not a good thing. This is a guide about getting rid of bats in the attic.

How can I get rid of bats from behind a wall or in the ceiling of my home?

By Anna from PA

Best Answer

Bats won't roost in noisy places. You could wait until just before dusk--any sooner and the bats could fall prey to larger animals--and make some noise! Then definitely use screening material to close off their 'home'. Also, make sure they don't have any babies in your walls, or the smell with be terrible!

Best Answer

I have heard from a neighbor that if you play loud music in the attic about the time they enter for the night, they wll leave. Please do not kill them as they are very beneficial for eliminating mosquitoes. You might check with your local wildlife rescue for other remedies.

How do I chase away bats from the attic?

By abettere from NC

Answers:

Getting Rid of Bats in the Attic

You may want to contact your local municipal government. They should be able to help you get rid of them. Remember bats are great, outside, they catch a lot of insects that cause you to itch. However, in the attic is not good. Their feces can cause breathing difficulties. Once you have them removed you will have to patch up the holes where they are getting in, or you'll just be doing it again. They can get in through a very tiny hole. But again, check with your local municipality to get local help. (08/04/2009)

By quiltmum

Getting Rid of Bats in the Attic

I live on the water. I have bats in the attic. I love them. I love going out at dusk and dawn and watch them fly above all the trees. I may buy some bat houses and deter them from the attic. They are good for eating insects. (08/05/2009)

By lorraina

Getting Rid of Bats in the Attic

You don't chase them away. They may have rabies. Call animal control and tell them you have bats and they will either take care of your problem or at least tell you what to do. Good luck. (08/06/2009)

By grannygirl

Getting Rid of Bats in the Attic

Thank you all. I have called my local animal control office and got some advice, among which was building a bat house or waiting for them to go out and seal up their entrances. (08/08/2009)

By abettere

Read 1 Comment