Mushroom Pita Pizzas
- 2 pita breads (6 inch)
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 Tbsp. snipped fresh basil leaves or 2 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 1 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Split each bread into halves around edge with knife to make 4 rounds. Place rounds, cut sides up, on ungreased cookie sheet. Arrange mushrooms on bread rounds. Top with onion rings and bell pepper; sprinkle with basil and cheeses. Bake until cheese is melted, 8-10 minutes. Cut each round into 8 pieces. Note: 1 can of mushroom stems and pieces can be substituted for fresh mushrooms.
By Robin from Washington, IA
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Guide
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on March 20, 2017 at 3:08:29 AM on 10.0.2.251 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us