Candle Wax on a Rug

I tipped the candle when I blew it out and now I have wax on my rug! Is there any way to get it off? Please Help!

Star from Kinston, NC

I did that once with a three wick candle. Fortunately for me, it was vanilla, so it didn't leave a stain in the carpet. This is not the most frugal idea, unless you consider the potential cost of buying new carpet or a throw rug. I took my iron and paper towels and placed the paper towel over the wax and ironed it up. I did that until my paper towels came out clean. I had spilled a lot of it and I did end up getting it all out, but it took me some time. Good luck.

Home and Garden Cleaning StainsMarch 8, 2007
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Cleaning Candle Wax from Upholstery
ornamental rug
Removing Rug Dye from Carpet