Scuff Marks On Patent Leather Shoes

To clean scuff marks off white patent leather shoes, rub a small amount of mineral oil onto a test area. If the oil doesn't alter the color of the shoe, take a clean, soft cloth and apply a small amount of mineral oil to the surface of the show. Gently rub the scuff mark with light pressure until it completely disappears. Take a fresh cloth and buff your shoes.

If you don't have mineral oil, you can try some petroleum jelly, acetone free nail polish remover, or vegetable oil. Other options that may work to clean some types of patent leather are toothpaste and shaving cream. There are so many types of patent leather that what may work for one type of leather may not work for another. You may need to try a few different options.

Note: Always test a small sport near the heel of the shoe first

Source: Kristie Long, M.D.

By fossil1955 from Cortez, CO

I was so relieved to find this post. I sell clothes on ebay and sold some shoes well I got pen on them from my hands when I was cleaning them up (strange to happen then huh lol). Anyway I couldn't get it off for nothing. I about cried I was so upset, but then I found this post and it saved my shoes. I used the non acetone nail polish remover and it worked wonders! I keep wiping with a soapy rag just in case the remover tried changing the color of my shoes! Thank you so much your a total life saver, and I know it's just shoes, but us girls take shoes very seriously! lol Thanks!

A combination of Vaseline and a eraser worked great for me on a pair of yellow neon patent leather pumps that had brownish scuffs. It works!

Patent Leather Shoes
Removing Scuffs on Patent Leather
Home and Garden Cleaning StainsAugust 11, 2010
Polishing Leather Shoes
Polishing Leather Shoes
White Walls
Removing Scuff Marks on Walls
A pregnant woman rubbing cream in her belly to prevent stretch marks.
Preventing Stretch Marks
Scuffed Leather Shoes
Removing Scuff Mark on Leather Shoes