How Do I Find Out Which of My Cats is Peeing Inside?

I have three cats and one of them is peeing inside, but I'm not too sure which one. How do I find out? It is peeing on the walls, kitchen bench, and dishes. It's peeing on everything and the house smells. Thanks!

By Kelly from Napier

If it is peeing on the walls and other upright surfaces, it is likely a male. Does that narrow it down? Sometimes neutering helps. However, if this is an already neutered or mature cat, and you don't have a female in heat, suddenly peeing in the house may be a sign of ill health, and it may be time for a trip to the vet.

I had this problem. The offender was even peeing on top of my microwave. I have 9 cats, as I take in rescues. I had to become a "pet detective". After I had fed all the cats in the morning they all did their usual thing and found a soft place to sleep. I wrote down where each of them was sleeping and watched to see who moved and noted down times. When I found peed on spots, I checked my cats to see who had not moved. After a process of elimination, I tracked down the suspect and kept a close eye on him all day. Caught him in the act and took him to the vet. Turns out he has an ulcer and is now on meds for it, no more pee spots, but it took me several days to find him. Good luck.

Can you confine them to different rooms in the house for enough of a period of time for them to urinate? I have one cat who did that. She is 22 years old and I discovered that she couldn't get into the litter box. I put a tray in front of the litter box and put newspaper in and under it. Problem reasonable solved.

A white cat sitting on a couch.
Preventing a Cat from Peeing Everywhere
Pets CatsMay 2, 2011
Dog Standing on Carpet
Preventing a Dog From Peeing on Carpet and Rugs
Litter Box
Cat Peeing Outside Litter Box
guilty dog
Dog Peeing and Pooping Inside
Removing Condensation from Inside a Watch
🎉
🎄