Wet-To-Dry Hair Straightening Irons

Has anyone out there purchased any of the new straightening irons that are to be used on wet hair? They're supposed to relieve you of having to use both a blow dryer and a round brush to straighten your hair--which I'm really getting tired of, feels like my arms are going to fall out of the sockets! If you have tried one, do you like it and which brand did you get? Thanks for any advice!

Lynn from Chico, CA

Do yourself a favor. Do not use a straightening iron or a curling iron on your hair when it's wet. These are much hotter than hair dryers and are very damaging. With the temperature of the iron it is the equivalent to boiling your hair! That can't be a good thing!!

I bought one (can't remember the brand) and regretted it. It took me three times as long to do my hair. And, your hair gets so hot (not necessarily dry) that I kept burning my hands from my hair!

My daughter has one. I don't recall the brand.I am a hairdresser, and it did not seem to harm her fine, thin hair. We do use professional shampoo and conditioners though. She did not use it every day, but just a few timea a week. I also used it on her hair, and yes, the hair did get very hot, and I did sometimes burn my finger. But the results were good, and I felt it saved time

I bought one and it just made my hair frizzy as it was sizzling - not a good idea.

i bought one from walmart were you can change the heat depending if it is wet or dry or thin or thick it works great the price was about $20 so it was really cheap and helps my hair alot the brand is Remmington(i think it is spellled like that) wet 2 style. it works great

I bought a Remington brand wet to dry straightener from Target for about $30 and I love it! It has different settings for dry, moist, and wet hair. I would definitely recommend it.

Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips StylingNovember 6, 2006
Curling Irons and Flat Irons
Storing Curling Irons and Flat Irons
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
hair dryer
Caring for Hair Care Appliances
🎉
🎄