Binder of Favorite Recipes for Children

My three daughters were always asking me to share some of my favorite recipes, so I surprised them one Christmas by printing some of my favorites on acid-free paper, and putting them in small 3-ring binders that contained plastic sheet protectors. As they sample other favorites I have added over the years, they can take home more recipes to add to their own personal cookbooks.

Most families have recipes passed down through the generations - some written down and others stored in our brain. I don't want to assume that my daughters will remember them, so putting them in the cookbook ensures they will be passed on for future generations to enjoy. In addition to preserving the recipes, it allows me to enjoy the process of decorating the cookbook covers, inside papers and each recipe page with pictures.

By onelivewire from Rocky Point, NC

My girls are a little young yet but I intend on doing the same thing either when they move out or a few years later when they are tired of lousy frozen melas or gross fast food and start wanting "real" food.

Wooden Recipes Box
Organizing Recipes
Parenting General Parenting The Family KitchenMarch 16, 2011
Bored Kid at a Restaurant
Keep Children Entertained When Eating Out
Making a Chore Chart for Children
Making a Chore Chart for Children
Binder Clip Yarn Bowl
Making a Binder Clip Yarn Bowl
A boy making a mean face and sticking out his tongue.
Teaching Children Good Manners