How do I remove gum from a dolls hair? - Categories:

MiscellaneousCleaning

How do I remove gum from a dolls hair?

Somehow, one of my daughter's dolls got gum in its hair. Anyone have any ideas for removing it? Who would have thought that dolls chewed gum? :-) Thanks, Sandy.

Post your ideas online or email them to us.

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

To remove the chewing gum from doll's hair, saturate the gum area with peanut butter. Don't be stingy with it. The gum should come out and you can then wash the doll's hair.

Use a beaten egg white. Dip the hair in the egg white and rub. It will dissolve the gum and then you can wash with mild shampoo. This works great for gum on anything i.e. furniture, carpet or your own hair!

I don't know if this will work for a doll, but almost any kind of fat, i.e.,butter, peanut butter, etc. will remove gum from human hair. After the gum is gone, just wash the hair to remove oil. You could also try putting the doll into the freezer overnight to freeze the gum, and see if it will just come off in frozen chunks then.

-colbren

Try putting the doll in the freezer. The gum will become hard and not sticky and you can break it off the hair.

- Cristi

I know this may sound strange but try using Plax mouth rinse. It has not failed me yet, not even on gum that has been washed and dried a few times.

GOOD LUCK!!

Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousMarch 13, 2003
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
Removing Gum from Hair
Removing Gum from Hair
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 25, 2016 at 8:16:39 PM on 10.0.1.215 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.