Ham and Spinach Soup
- 1 tsp. margarine
- 1/2 cup ham, julienned 2 inches long
- 1/2 cup carrots, julienned 2 inches long
- 1/2 cup turnips, julienned 2 inches long
- 1/2 cup leeks, julienned 2 inches long
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup potatoes, julienned 2 inches long
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts, drained (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 package spinach, washed and blanched
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
Melt the butter in a saucepan and saute the ham, carrots, turnips and leeks over low heat.
Pour in the chicken broth and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the potatoes and water chestnuts. Continue cooking for 10 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
Add the spinach and green onion just before serving.
|Servings: ||4 to 6|
|Time:||15 Minutes Preparation Time|
30 Minutes Cooking Time
Source: Classic cuisine
By Raymonde G. from North Bay, Ontario
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on November 29, 2016 at 8:23:50 AM on 10.0.2.175 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us