Spinach Soup Recipes
Soup made with this green vegetable is very nutritious and delicious. This page contains spinach soup recipes
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Spinach has been a fabulous superfood for ages. Just ask Popeye! It's packed full of vitamins, iron, calcium, and is an excellent pick-me-up when you need some energy. These hot summer days have me feeling a bit lethargic, so this chilled spinach soup really comes in handy. You can skip the entire chilling process if you'd like to have it hot, which is also phenomenal.
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium potato, chopped
- 16 oz spinach (fresh, canned or frozen)
- 4 cups broth
- 1/4 cup cream
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and potatoes. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in broth and spinach. Increase heat to high until it comes to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- When you can easily poke a chunk of potato with a fork, it's ready to puree.
- Allow to cool a bit, then pour into a blender (or use a handheld emersion blender) and blend until super smooth.
- Return to pot. Stir in heavy cream and Parmesan cheese.
- Add nutmeg, salt and pepper. Allow to chill in the fridge for a couple hours before serving. Garnish with a swirl of heavy cream and sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
- 1 tsp. margarine
- 1/2 cup ham, julienned 2 inches long
- 1/2 cup carrots, julienned 2 inches long
- 1/2 cup turnips, julienned 2 inches long
- 1/2 cup leeks, julienned 2 inches long
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup potatoes, julienned 2 inches long
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts, drained (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 package spinach, washed and blanched
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
Melt the butter in a saucepan and saute the ham, carrots, turnips and leeks over low heat.
Pour in the chicken broth and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the potatoes and water chestnuts. Continue cooking for 10 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
Add the spinach and green onion just before serving.
|Servings: ||4 to 6|
|Time:||15 Minutes Preparation Time|
30 Minutes Cooking Time
Source: Classic cuisine
By Raymonde G. from North Bay, Ontario
Steam spinach in water until it is just wilted; add onion and put mixture in blender and blend until smooth. Add consomme', lemon juice, and sour cream and serve either hot or cold.Read More...
June 15, 20050 found this helpful
In a large pot over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Add the onion and garlic. Saute for 4 minutes.
Add the spinach and cook for 2 minutes until the spinach is wilted. Add the broth and tomatoes.Read More...