Browsing: Freezing Bell Peppers

Freezing Green Peppers

Can you freeze green peppers once you have cleaned and sliced them? If so, how long can you keep them?

Thank you.

By Jennifer from SC

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

The answer to your question is on this website, save it in your favorites for further reference.

http://stilltasty.com/fooditems/index/16524

I dice peppers and put 1/4 to 1/2 cup in baggies and toss them in the freezer.

I have been freezing green peppers for years. When they are in season, I buy at most inexpensive time. I cut, chop and dice them and put them in baggies. I use them all winter for a wide variety of dishes. No need to defrost. You can use them frozen for any type of cooking since they are already cut and ready. I also clean out whole peppers and freeze them that way. They are easy to stuff while still frozen. Make plenty of mixture and stuff them later if you like or right away. It dosen't really matter. They also can be cooked while still frozen. I loved stuffed green peppers in the winter. Any green pepper should keep for 6 months stuffed or unstuffed. That goes for any chopped peppers too.

I usually blanche mine first, then chop, dry off, and freeze using my foodsaver in half cup portions for use in recipes all winter. And I always parboil fresh ones before making stuffed peppers - if you don't, they will have a bitter flavor.

About a month ago, I bought a bag of sliced red peppers for $1.00 from a local restaurant food supply fruit market. I think it was about 3 pounds. I could not believe my luck. I rinsed them and put them in a bag in the freezer. I have been using them in my cooking with great results. If I ever see them again, I will buy them up!

My favorite way to eat peppers is to clean them and char them on the BBQ. When the skins are black put them in a large bowl, cover, and let them steam for a 1/2 hour while you grill your other foods. Peel off the skins, slice and dice and put in freezer bags. The flavor is wonderful. I don't know how long they last in the freezer because I use them frequently.

Freezing Bell Peppers, Canning Bell Peppers, Peeling Bell Peppers, Drying Bell Peppers, Storing Bell Peppers, Growing Bell Peppers, Selecting Good Bell Peppers, Red, Green and Yellow Bell Peppers
Freezing Bell Peppers
Food and Recipes Freezing VegetablesJune 27, 2010
Freezing Hot Peppers
Freezing Hot Peppers
Canning Green Beans, Freezing Green Beans, Growing Green Beans, Storing Green Beans, Drying Green Beans
Freezing Green Beans
Selecting Good Bell Peppers
Freezing Green Onions
Freezing Green Onions
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 30, 2016 at 11:16:27 PM on 10.0.2.132 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.