Hamburger Stew for the Oven

I have lots of beef recipes, but beef has gotten too costly for us. Here is a hamburger stew for the oven.

Roll 8 oz. ground beef with 1/4 tsp. chili powder, 1/2 tsp. dry mustard, 1/2 tsp. salt. 2 tsp. minced onion, 2 small potatoes quartered, 2 small carrots sliced, 1 small onion quartered, 8 oz. tomatoes, 1 bouillon cube and 3 Tbsp. water

Place in 1 1/2 quart casserole. Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.

By Loretta from Summerfield, FL

What do you mean "roll". Also doesn't say what kind of tomatoes, (stewed, diced, sauce?) Or is it supposed to be like meatloaf. Sounds like it would taste very good - just need to know how to assemble everything. Thanks

Editor's Note: There are 1-2 lb rolls of hamburger available at most stores. I'm not sure of the size but look around your meat department. I think the tomatoes should be tomato sauce because of the size can.

This reminds me of one time when I was talking to a girlfriend and she wanted to know what we had had for dinner, and I told her hamburger stew. She wanted to know what that was. I told her instead of using stew meat, you crumble hamburger up, like for sloppy joes, brown it, and put in the crock pot, or large kettle on the stove, add the rest of the ingredients, and let it go. She had never heard of hamburger stew before, she always uses stew meat. I told her we were so hard up when I was a kid, that the only way we ever had stew was when it was made with hamburger.

Hamburger Stew
Hamburger Stew Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Soups StewJuly 14, 2006
Oven Beef Stew With Vegetables
Oven Beef Stew Recipes
Man cleaning the oven.
Homemade Oven Cleaner Recipes
Photo of a hamburger with a homemade bun.
Homemade Hamburger Bun Recipes
Hamburger Jerky Recipes
Hamburger Jerky Recipes
🎉
🎄