Use Plastic Grocery Bags for Packing Material

Use your plastic shopping bags for packing in shipping packages. It is light weight and free. Also it is a good cushion.

By Kate from Gainesville, FL

Also try using those cereal box bags in youur shipping containers. you can inflate them and seal them to act as a cushion.

as a matter of fact as stongs as they are. you could wrap your item in one. there will nbe little danger of it being pierced. I know that because of all the trouble I have opening these bags to get the cereal.

PACK ON

Mr. Thrifty

I have used plastic bags for packing for some time now. It is the cheapest way to do it, lightweight and works great. I pack and send cookies several times a year and send care packages to my daughter in college. The bags are easy to get into corners of boxes or small areas that need cushioned. Great way to use up the bags and cheap!

My daughter and I regularly post parcels. I found a very cheap way to pack breakables, all I do is wrap the article then pack all around it with plastic shopping bags. Very cheap to use and weighs hardly anything, therefore you are not wasting precious money on packing material, so you can afford to add in that extra little special something.

By Tommydogsmum from Australia

Answers:

Great tip; please make sure they are CLEAN and do not use basic trash (like an eBay seller did for us!). (05/18/2009)

By roblarson

Another good use for all those grocery plastic bags is to use them as packing material! When you send a gift, or when you make a move to a new home, these bags are great for wrapping glassware and other breakables!

By CKDavis from Flagstaff, AZ

Answers:

Use Plastic Grocery Bags For Packing Material

We just had new windows installed this spring and I took my very expensive collectibles and wrapped them in plastic bags and stored them away to keep them from getting broken during the process. (05/14/2008)

By DEBRADJ.