Browsing: Removing Pet Hair from Furniture

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Removing Pet Hair from Furniture

Pet hair can be quite a nuisance and can be difficult to remove from fabric or microfiber couches, chairs, and other furniture. This is a guide about removing pet hair from furniture.

Dog sleeping on a couch.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

May 10, 2010 Flag

Removing pet hair from any cloth surface is easy if you use a damp washcloth. Wipe cushions or clothing in one direction only and the hair will lift off. You can also try a damp sponge mop to remove pet hair from your carpets. Again wipe in one direction only and the hair will just pile up and can be easily picked up by hand.

Source: Dog Fancy Magazine

By Teri from Tionesta, PA

July 9, 2013 Flag

A rubber window washing squeegee attached to a long pole is an excellent way to pull pet hair from carpets. I have two in different widths. The narrow one does stair treads and can be used to reach confined spaces, the wide one makes short work of the open areas. I've a third one for furniture.

Source: My brilliant husband!

July 14, 2009 Flag

How do I get dog hair off furniture?

By jsclgreen from CA

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I use the sticky roller and it works really well, but, if the rubber glove works, it would be much cheaper! Hope you get it cleaned up and God bless you.

It also depends upon the type of fabric you have. Something with a weave is harder to get hair off of because the hairs always seem to get woven in. Smooth fabrc like quality microfiber or non-woven types like velour respond to the methods mentioned by other posts.

Read More Answers...

May 26, 2008 Flag

To remove pet hair, use a plastic gloves from the dollar store, 10 pair for $1.00. Place one glove on your hand. Sweep the area with the glove. Hair will all ball up and be easy to pick up. Reuse the glove as many times as you need to. I have 5 cats and one Chihuahua. It works great!

Source: I got this tip from Martha Stewart.

By Tamsy from TX

September 30, 2007 Flag

How do I remove cat hair that is deeply embedded throughout a couch, in the seams & everywhere. The couch is high grade aniline Leather. I bought the set at a garage sale. It had been stored/uncovered in a barn for a year. It looks great, but there is cat hair everywhere and my vacuum isn't getting it all. It's really sticking to the cloth sections that connect the seat and back cushions together (cushions are NOT removable). Help! I can't bear to bring it into the house unless it's hairless & odorless too!

Cristy from Molalla, OR

One word: duct tape. Cut strips of duct tape and lay the sticky side down on the material, pushing the page gently with your fingers. Pull off and voila! On to the next strip...This works great when company is coming.

I use an atachment that fits onto a vacuum cleaner pipe. Its called "Seathog" does the job fine.

Hope this helps!

Read More Answers...

October 26, 2011 Flag

What is the best way to get dog and cat hair off of my clothes, the furniture, etc.?

By Susan P.

Use a link roller! Works like a dream.

Put on a rubber glove, slightly damp works great.

Read More Answers...

October 6, 2008 Flag

To remove cat hair from your furniture, take a damp sponge and brush it one way across the fabric. It helps ball up the hair and you can pick it off the sponge.

May 19, 2011 Flag

My new rescue terrier is shedding; how do I clean wood floors? When the afternoon sun comes it, it is just awful. I have tried the vacuum and a Swiffer. What else is available?

By J H M

Just think if you had carpet you would never notice this. I have the same problem with my wood floor. I sweep or vac up the hair every day. I also use a wide anti static mircofiber flip mop which works very well. The cloth is machine washable and reuseable. There are several different brands on the market. Mine is O'Ceder.

It is just something that dogs do. Some shed more than others. There will always be some hair. I love my dogs so I don't find cleaning up the hair an inconvenience.

Make sure to brush your dog every day, this will help. Also, animals tend to shed more in the Spring. Hopefully it won't be so bad when Summer arrives.

Read More Answers...

October 7, 2011 Flag

A dry sponge, such as those designed for kitchen use or for washing a car, is an excellent magnet for pet hair on upholstered furniture. Just rub the sponge across the furniture and pet hair clings to it like magic.

November 2, 2011 Flag

We bought a royal blue couch at a thrift store, and it seems to be made of wool or some similar fabric. The problem is that I have two dogs and a cat, and the pet hair on that solid color is very noticeable (our previous couch was leather, and I didn't have to do anything to keep dog hair off of it).

I am looking for tips on how to keep this couch looking good. I have tried the the pet hair lint roller thingies, but I go through so many of those sticky sheets per day and still don't seem to get all the hair off. I feel like I need to do something else to get the majority of the pet hair off and then maybe finish off the job with a pet hair/lint roller. I also tried a wet sponge, which was great at getting the pet hair off, but small pieces of the sponge were being left on the couch, which I then had to try to remove. It just seems that there's got to be a better way than what I am doing. Got any suggestions?

By Tina

What works for me is a rubber glove. Simply put the glove on your hand and brush the hair off the couch. We only have one short-haired dog, and it works great for us. Hope it works for you, too!

September 30, 2011 Flag

I was mopping my wood floors one day and discovered this tip by accident. When I was through mopping, I noticed excess hair on the sofa and edges of the couch.

Load More
Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureOctober 15, 2011
A dog sitting on a couch.
Reducing Pet Hair in Your Home
Boxer on White Microfiber Couch
Removing Pet Hair from Microfiber
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 29, 2016 at 11:09:54 AM on 10.0.1.185 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.