Recipes for Bone-in Chicken Breasts

I have about 4 lbs. of split chicken breast with ribs. I'm tired of the same old recipe. Can someone give me an idea? I'd prefer to bake today.

By Ruth from Little Rock, AR

I don't know what your same old recipe is, but when I have that kind of chicken, I make oven fried chicken. I remove the skin, season the meat with salt & pepper and soak it in milk for an hour or so. Meanwhile, line a jellyroll pan with foil for an easy cleanup and heat the oven to 375.

Coat the chicken in seasoned breadcrumbs (I like the Progresso or Ronzoni brands) and place on the baking pan. Drizzle each piece with oil and bake for about 40 minutes. Leftovers are good cold.

Search for -baked chicken recipes-good luck.

One of our favorite chicken recipes is:

1/2 to 3/4 jar of Apricot Jam

1/8 C Soy Sauce

1/4 C water

dry mustard to taste

onions, garlic to taste

Mix all together and pour over the chicken, bake as usual.

You can simmer them in water with skin on in a large pot and add chicken bouillon and other spices for extra flavoring. Keep covered while simmering. Once cooked allow to cool and remove the skin and all the meat from the bones and use for salad, tacos, sandwiches, omelette's, soup, etc. If you don't think you'll eat it all right away just freeze in individual size portions.