House TrainingDogs

Dog Peeing on Couch

My Boxer who has been house broken for years urinates on my sofa. He has no health issues and has been to the vet. How can I stop this behavior? It can't possibly be left over odor since we have cleaned and sprayed with a number of scent stoppers. We can't seem to catch him in the act.

By Bonnie from Greenville, NC

Best Answer

I have a dog that marks in the house and I bought a male version of a diaper for when we can't watch him. It's a band of cloth that fastens with velcro. It is sometimes called a belly band. I bought mine at Petsmart, but it would be easy to make one. Good luck

Best Answer

Put double stick tape all over the sofa when you are not home. When he jumps up he gets sticky paws and he won't like that (works with cats too). Your other alternate is to crate him when your are not at home.

Anonymous

I have 11 month old puppy that I got in The beginning of September which wasn't potty trained at all...he would potty only on fabric or rug in my house so I start a crate training him and he's doing very well but occasionally when it's raining outside he will Pee and poop in my house especially on my sofa and on my area rugs but not on the wood floor.. I take him out several times a day and my daughters also is home all day and also take some out all the time and we stay outside with him for about 20 mins at a time and he doesn't do anything and then when he comes in 5 to 10 minutes later that's when it occurs and we also walk him 2 miles in the morning and 2 in the evening.. I really don't want to crate him when in home but I'm afraid I'm going to have to for a little until is problem is resolved if there's anything that you think I should do please let me know thank you

I took my puppy from a dog foster home about a year ago. I love him to bits; he has a great personality, and I feel that he loves our family so much. BUT, whenever I leave him at home he pees in the house: on the carpet, on the bed, on flowers..

My husband and I were thinking about taking him to 'doggy school', but then again, its extremely expensive, and the nearest 'doggy school' is far away from us. Maybe you have some advice? THANK YOU!!!!