Dog Peeing on Couch

How do I stop my dogs from urinating on the couch?

By zoomomma11 from Midlothian, TX

Answers:

Dog Peeing on Couch

Urine has probably been absorbed in the sofa material and has an odor your dog smells. Try washing your sofa with an enzyme urine cleaner and see if that helps. Last resort is to hire a professional carpet/upholstery cleaner to remove odors. Try covering your sofa with a plastic or vinyl fabric off the bolt at a fabric store to prevent further urine seepage. Since dogs urinate on sofa, I would start training them to stay off upholstered furniture. Buy them their own baby mattress to lay on and it can be wiped off. (09/22/2009)

By Lorelei

Dog Peeing on Couch

If you catch the dog in the "ready" position call out "Hey" in the sharpest, loudest voice you dare use indoors. I startled my dog a couple of times as a pup and she gave up that hellish practice. I've never allowed my animals on my furniture. (09/22/2009)

By MartyD

Dog Peeing on Couch

Take the dogs outside regularly and tell them to go potty. Stay out with them until they go. They will get used to going outside and that will become their 'bathroom.' Be sure to take them to one certain area where you want them to go all the time and take them in the AM and before they go to bed at night. A doggy door helps mine to go outside when they need to. (09/23/2009)

By Stngray

Dog Peeing on Couch

A simple home remedy can stop that if it's not a medical problem. Clean the area thoroughly- dry some then apply vinegar mixed with water. ( in a spray bottle would work most effectively) He/she goes back to the same spot because that's where it has it's scent. (09/23/2009)

By Nik258