Removing Melted Plastic on Microwave Rack

I melted plastic in the oven on my microwave's metal rack which I was storing in the regular oven. How can I get the residue off?

By Gigi from Honolulu, HI

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I am confused about a metal microwave rack because metal is not supposed to be used in a microwave :-( Do you mean the metal oven rack? Could you reword your question so we could be more helpful for you?

Editor's Note: Many newer microwaves have a removable metal shelf, allowing two levels of food to be prepared at once. It is an open rack, rather than a sheet of metal. They are entirely safe if used according to the manufacturer's guidelines.

Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesJanuary 7, 2010
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall, Spice rack hanging on a wall.
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall
A car parked on a sunny day.
Removing Melted Plastic on Car Upholstery
Spice Rack
Starter Spice Rack Suggestions
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 11:48:07 AM on 10.0.2.91 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.