Sugar Scrub For Mother's Day

For Mother's Day, I am making my mom and mother-in-law a homemade sugar scrub as part of their gifts. They are easy to make, economical, and much healthier than store bought scrubs. Here is the recipe:

• 2/3 cup Turbinado sugar
  • 1/2 cup grape seed oil
  • 2-4 Tbsp. honey
  • 12 drops essential oils of choice (I used lemon)

Mix ingredients and place in a clean, air tight, glass container.

To use: Rub desired amount in gentle, circular motions on areas you wish to exfoliate, avoiding the face. Rinse and repeat if necessary.

You can easily customize this recipe by using different sugars, oils, and essential oils. You can also use salt in place of the sugar.

By Tracey from Hibbing, MN

I love that recipe and it sounds so awesome! I think that I might try

to make it for my mom! And I love

how you can add a scent to it to make it smell

AWESOME! I can't wait!

Thank you!

Do I have to refrigerate this after use? How long will it last? Won't it spoil eventually? Thanks!

Just a quick word about scrubs that have oil in them- they make your feet and tub/shower surface very slippery. So if you use them, sit down while using and clean surface of tub/shower and the bottom of your feet before you stand or take a step. Keep your soap to clean and tools handy (like a mop so you don't have to bend over).

yes, it will spoil eventually, although i have read that the honey acts as a natural preservative. the shelf life of an unrefrigerated oil is about 6 months. chances are you will have used the product up before it goes bad.

It is a good recipe and keeps your skin soft and doesn't dry easily. It does make your tub or shower slippery but beware, you can slip and fall so wash it off quickly. Thanks for all the recipes, it's much appreciated.

Homemade Body Scrub
Homemade Body Scrub Recipes
Crafts Bath & BeautyMay 7, 2008
Mother's Day Party Ideas
Mother's Day Party Ideas
Ground Cinnamon
Sugar Free Cinnamon and Sugar Recipes
Homemade powered scrub brush.
Making a Powered Scrub Brush
Storing Sugar
Storing Sugar