Uses for Shoe Organizers

I love the cloth shoe organizers, I use them for everything. This is my arts n crafts/school stuff. I painted tin cans with spray paint and stuck them in the slots. One row is for erasers, pencils, makers, etc. One row for beads, gems, shapes, etc., and so on.

I have one in the bathroom for brushes, hair products etc. One in my cellar way for spray paints,poly etc. One in each kids room for whatever they use; hair stuff, cars, crayons, etc. I am working on making my own for my kitchen to hang on stove for spices, utensils, etc. Some of my cans are actually the lumineers I made for a party this summer.

By Moonseekerjade from Onset, MA

That looks great. Good job, girl.

Do you label them then so you know what's inside without having to open each one?

Yes, I label them. I have tags right above the cans-and on the one that holds all my spray paint I put name tags made out cardboard on the front of the pocket,it was colored coded for each kid, but then they started taking or putting different things,like eraser in the sharpener pocket, just to aggravate. I will post a picture when I have them all labeled. I am in the process of doing that right now.

I prefer the clear plastic hanging shoe organizers. I am able to buy them at Dollar Tree so they are only one dollar. I hang mine on the inside of the shower curtain so I can organize all the bottles and razors I use in the bathtub. The clear plastic allows me to see what is inside without labeling.

I am planning on using them on the inside of the doors of my linen closet and cleaning supply closet to hold all those little odds and end or cleaning tools that somehow always end up getting lost.

We have one one in the kids' bathroom that holds hair dryer, hair spray, brushes, hair bands. Each child has their own row of pockets. They keep their toothbrush and toothpaste in one, hairbrush and combs in another, shower gels, etc. The extra pockets are used for things they share.