Cajun Shrimp Linguine

When in a farther southern state I had this dish in a restaurant and enjoyed it so much that I literally begged for the recipe. The chef was kind enough to tell me the ingredients and approximately how much of each. I had to test the amounts before I came up with a dish that tasted almost as good as the chef's.

• 8 ounces uncooked linguine
  • 1 small green pepper, thinly sliced
  • 1 small onion, thinly sliced
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 3 tsp. olive oil
  • 1-1/2 cups canned Italian diced tomatoes
  • 1 tsp. Cajun seasoning (or to taste)
  • 1/2 tsp. hot pepper sauce (or to taste)
  • 1 lb. uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 4 Tbsp. shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese

Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the green pepper, onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, Cajun seasoning and pepper sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add the shrimp; cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until the shrimp turns pink. Drain the linguine, toss with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with the Mozzarella cheese.

By Connie from Cotter, AR

Food and Recipes Recipes PastasFebruary 8, 2008
Shrimp Stir Fry
Shrimp Stir Fry Recipes
Peeling and Deveining Shrimp
Peeling and Deveining Shrimp
Shrimp Grilling in BBQ
Grilled Shrimp Recipes
Cajun Mayo
Cajun Mayo Recipes