Removing Printer Ink from a Plastic Binder

If a printed paged of text is pressed up against a plastic binder for a long period of time (especially if it's hot), some ink will often stick to the plastic. How can I remove the ink that remains on the plastic? Without randomly trying things I have, does anyone know of something commonly found around the house like rubbing alcohol or WD40 that might affect dried-on ink?

By Jon from MO

Best Answer

If the ink feels sticky, try Oil of Olay. I know that sounds weird. I use it to remove gummed on stickers on books and such. You only need to dab a bit on a old washcloth or rag...saturate the area that is sticky, and the sticky stuff should come right off.

Best Answer

I would try using petroleum jelly. Some of the harsher chemicals can cause the plastic in the binder to break down and create a distorted area where the ink used to be.

Anonymous
Best Answer

I usually use isopropyl/rubbing alcohol for something like this. If you try the nail polish remover that was suggested here be sure it's 'non-acetone' because the regular 'acetone' type can possibly marr or melt the plastic.

Try rubbing alcohol, WD-40, nail polish remover or hair spray. Apply some solution to a cotton ball and rub that on the ink.