Heat oil in a 6 quart kettle. Add garlic, onion, and celery. Saute until tender (5 minutes). Add carrots, tomatoes, bouillon cubest, potatoes, cabbage, parsley, salt, herbs and 6 quarts water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 40 minutes. Add macaroni, peas and beans. Return to boil. Reduce heat. Simmer 20 minutes more. Serve with Parmesan cheese sprinkled over the top. Serves 10.
Minestrone Soup II
A cholesterol-free classic Italian vegetable soup brimming with fiber-rich beans, peas, and carrots.
1. Heat oil in a 4-quart saucepan.
2. Add garlic, onion, and celery and sauté about 5 minutes.
3. Add all remaining ingredients except spaghetti, and stir until ingredients are well mixed.
4. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer about 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
5. Add uncooked spaghetti and simmer 2-3 minutes only.
Yield:16 servings--Serving Size: 1 cup
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 4 g
Saturated fat: less than 1 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 191 mg
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!