Easy Minestrone Soup
This is a guide about easy minestrone soup
. This easy to make minestrone soup is the perfect meal for the chilly days ahead. Serve it with some bread and enjoy!
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This minestrone soup is easy to make and can be made on the stove top or in a crockpot.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 (14 oz.) cans of petite diced tomatoes
- 1-2 (15 oz.) can white beans, drained
- 1-2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1-2 cup fresh green beans, cut
- 1 celery stalk (optional)
- 1 medium zucchini (optional)
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried sage (optional)
- 1-2 cup salad macaroni
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- In a large pot, combine broth, tomatoes, green beans, carrots, onion, and white beans.
Optional: Making Heart Shaped Carrots
- Add thyme, bay leaves, garlic, and any optional seasonings. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring soup to boil, then cover and simmer over LOW heat for 1-2 hours. Stirring occasionally.
- Once all vegetables are tender. Return soup to a boil. Add pasta and spinach. This is also when you add the zucchini if you choose to use it. Turn heat back down and simmer until pasta is cooked (9-11 minutes). Stirring occasionally.
- Remove bay leaves. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with a little Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top. Enjoy!
- For leftovers, if you find that the pasta has absorbed too much of the liquid, add another 1-2 cups of chicken broth.
Crockpot instructions: Combine ingredients the same as above. Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
November 16, 20095 found this helpful
A quick and easy recipe for a tasty minestrone. Cook garlic in oil in large saucepan over medium heat for about 30 seconds.Read More...
8 items to make a minestrone soup that you can give as a gift or have for your house in under an hour. Hearty with good aroma.Read More...
May 18, 20140 found this helpful
This video shows you how to make an easy minestrone soup that can be made on the stove top or in a crockpot.