Easy Minestrone Soup
This minestrone soup is easy to make and can be made on the stove top or in a crockpot.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 (14 oz.) cans of petite diced tomatoes
- 1-2 (15 oz.) can white beans, drained
- 1-2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1-2 cup fresh green beans, cut
- 1 celery stalk (optional)
- 1 medium zucchini (optional)
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried sage (optional)
- 1-2 cup salad macaroni
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- In a large pot, combine broth, tomatoes, green beans, carrots, onion, and white beans.
Optional: Making Heart Shaped Carrots
- Add thyme, bay leaves, garlic, and any optional seasonings. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring soup to boil, then cover and simmer over LOW heat for 1-2 hours. Stirring occasionally.
- Once all vegetables are tender. Return soup to a boil. Add pasta and spinach. This is also when you add the zucchini if you choose to use it. Turn heat back down and simmer until pasta is cooked (9-11 minutes). Stirring occasionally.
- Remove bay leaves. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with a little Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top. Enjoy!
- For leftovers, if you find that the pasta has absorbed too much of the liquid, add another 1-2 cups of chicken broth.
Crockpot instructions: Combine ingredients the same as above. Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.