Can You Still Buy Console Televisions?

I want to know if any company still makes console televisions. I mean the kind that look like furniture with wood around the screen, and sits on the floor. My old TV just quit on me, and it is really part of my living room furniture. I do not care for the black and silver kind. Thank you so much.

Margeth Marjorie from Michigan

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance
Best Answer

I'm not sure they still make the console tv, but if you really like the concole you already have, find a tv that will fit in the opening, take the old one out, build a shelf for the new one to set on and you're good to go. I did this several years ago. Couldn't afford to buy the tv and entertainment center at the same time.

I'm not sure if anyone still makes those anymore but you might consider buying one of those armoire entertainment centers and buy a TV that will fit inside. That way, you can close the doors and hide the television until you wish to watch it.

Good Luck!

Jess

I know this may sting a bit, but I think they do still make "old-fashioned" or "retro" styled televisions. I'd google "retro television" or something to that extent and see if you get anything. Good luck! I think they're neat looking, too.

I know they do still sell some- our appliance place in town has several that look just like the older versions- good luck in your search!

if you have any idea about places selling console televisions in springfield mass. please let me know

I would suggest checking out www.craigslist.com as there are many people who are getting rid of their console tv sets and you can get for under $100

http://www.frugalforlife.blogspot.com

Or can you have a HDTV custom fitted into the old console cabinet?

Yes I am picking up a new one Tuesday. Find them at any good electronic store. Check Zenith web site.

Answer

Consumer Advice Product FinderJune 28, 2007
Self Watering Houseplant
Watering Houseplants On Vacation
Highchair
Keeping a Child from Sliding in a Highchair
Buying a Used Boat, A boat on a trailer.
Buying a Used Boat
Old TV
Uses for an Old TV
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 25, 2016 at 6:41:36 AM on 10.0.0.41 in 985 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.