Excessive Sweating

I have been using Certain-Dri 72 hours roll on for a couple of weeks, but I see little result. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I take showers every night and than apply it after an hour, like the directions say. I could use some help. I am starting school in September. Last year was horrible always having to use a jacket to cover it up, but still have the wetness under it.

By Emma

Best Answer

Have your doctor give you a prescription for Drysol. This was originally used for sweating feet. However, it works under your arms too. I had a terrible sweating problem for years, but the Drysol did the trick. Apply right after a shower. I think you will only have to use it once or twice a week, but check the directions. I always recommend Drysol. It was a lifesaver for me. I found out about Drysol from a Dear Abby column when a reader had asked Abby for advice to stop sweating.

Best Answer

I've found that not all of the "clinical strength" antiperspirants work the same. I've found Secret to be the best with Degree an acceptable alternative. The directions on all of them say to apply before going to bed. I usually take a shower before bed, then immediately apply the antiperspirant. I don't get dressed right away, I let it dry a bit first. If I know it's going to be a particularly hot day, the next morning I will apply again.

Towards the end of each shower I gradually start to turn the water to cold to bring my body temperature down a bit. It's nearly cold by the time I step out. I dry off right away and then use Shower to Shower body powder on those spots where I tend to sweat a lot. Baby powder doesn't work nearly as well as the Shower to Shower.

If you have trouble with sweating under your bra, you might find placing a triangularly folded washcloth placed between the bra band and your skin keeps away a lot of the excess moisture.

Every chance I get throughout the day I use a very cold, wet facecloth and press it against my face and neck to bring my body temperature down.

Sorry this got so long, I hope it helps!

Best Answer

I have heard that Botox injections can help with over-active sweat glands. Go see your doc. Good luck, I can see how this would make you feel so bad.

Hello,

Please see your Doctor, there could be an under lying medical problem.

My son used to have that problem, and the odor that came with it. It was very embarassing for him. I ended up taking him to the doctors, and they gave him a prescription for an anti-perspirant that helped him with the problem. I'm sorry, I don't remember the name of it. But your doctor can help you. Good luck!