Improving The Flavor Of Tuna Casserole

Has anyone every tried putting 4 to 8 ounces of cream cheese, evaporated milk, and a small can of sliced mushrooms in their tuna casserole recipe? I did along with the normal ingredients of cream of mushroom soup and diced onions stirred into elbow macaroni. I fixed it last week and it was fantastically smooth and creamy. The family just loved it! They are asking me to fix it again and soon. Anyway, I just wanted to know if anyone has ever tried it before? If you haven't, do try it as a smooth twist on an old American favorite.

By Paula Jo from Lower Western NC Mountain Area

Sounds heavenly!! I do miss my old tuna casserole days now that I am a vegan. I used to just make a white sauce and add it in with the mushroom soup and can of mushrooms- really made a difference.

I like to put chopped celery and a handful of frozen mixed veggies in mine.

I had some leftover canned milk from another recipe and used it in my tuna casserole. It really did make it creamier than regular milk. I use velveeta cheese in mine also so I haven't tried the cream cheese. I love a good creamy comfort food.

Tuna Casserole Recipes
Tuna Casserole Recipes
Food and Recipes Food Tips Cooking TipsOctober 29, 2010
Tuna Cans
Uses for Tuna Cans
Tuna Wrap
Tuna Wrap Recipes
Tuna Tetrazzini
Tuna Tetrazzini Recipes
Air Ionizer and Purifier for Allergies
Improving Indoor Air Quality