Uses for Creamer Bottles

Category Reusing
Plastic creamer bottles can be reused, for things like crafts, organizing, and storage. This is a guide about uses for creamer bottles.

I dislike grocery shopping, particularly in the wintertime. I get a head start during the summer. I watch for sales on staples. The more I buy now, the less I'll have to lug home in the sleet and snow.

I mix my own laundry concoction, and really like it. I use ½ of a popular laundry detergent and ½ of a non chlorine fabric whitener/brightener. Often these powders are lumpy when I first buy them, and even lumpier after being on the shelf for a while.

I measure equal amounts of these two into a plastic bucket, stir for a second, and then funnel the lot into clean and dried coffee creamer containers. I keep these filled containers in the laundry room, and at the kitchen sink, where I wash my dish towels in scalding water. (Tip within a tip: I don't use fabric softener on my dish towels. It tends to leave a film on glassware).

The lumps do not reform in these plastic containers. I can dispense a little through the pour spout or remove the lid to measure a cup or so. This idea may not be practical for large families, but for a small crew, it should work well.

Also, I stock up on wild bird seed. I transfer the contents of a 10 lb. bag of seed into these containers. When refilling my several feeders, it's much easier dispensing from these containers, rather than a 10 lb. bag. With a home made inner seal of foil, the seed will stay fresh and bug free.

Yes---good idea. I like to reuse those plastic jars that you get nuts in from Sams Club or Costco for rice or beans also. I make a "lid liner" from a circle of waxed paper to make the lid fit more snugly, and put a couple of bay leaves in for good measure.

I go through the local recycling center at my mobile home park. I do this for two reasons. One is because people just don't read the numbers in the triangle and toss in those plastics we can't recycle in Douglas County anymore.

The other is to save coffee and creamer containers, and all others that I can use for food storage. Once washed, they are perfect for keeping critters out. So today's tip is that sometimes, you can still use something even though the lid is missing.

I find these creamer bottles without the tops and replace them with juice container lids. Still useful, clear and ready to fill with things like:

• rice
  • beans
  • soup mixes
  • pasta
  • candies
  • staples like flour or pancake mixes
  • and more
I love the fact that they are clear and easy to see. I hope this helps!

I love all of the posts that you submit Sandy/Poor But Proud. IF I see a post is from you I ALREADY KNOW IT IS A KEEPER - just like this one about the used creamer bottles... thanks! It is amazing to me how being poor can make us all so rich... Please keep your suggestions coming as I truly enjoy reading and using them!

Making a Coffee Mate Container Snowman

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? 2

This is a guide about making a Coffee Mate container snowman. A Coffee Mate container is the perfect shape for making a cute snowman that can be filled with treats for a gift or used as a decoration.

Reuse Your Non Dairy Creamer Bottles

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? 5

Empty non dairy creamer containers are perfect to use as drink bottles. The smaller ones are great for mixing and drinking from and the larger ones are the perfect size for the 1/2 gallon unsweetened drink mixes.

For my Kindergarten class at Sunday School, we made Santa toys out of Liquid Coffee Mate bottles. The white bottles have red caps that are shaped as Santa's hat.

I have stared using large coffee cream containers to store rice and other things. The opening makes it easier to pour into measuring cup.

I use empty creamer bottles for lots of things, especially food items we buy in large containers at Sam's Club: syrup, dishwasher soap (awesome for that!), hot chocolate mix, strawberry mix, even as a small pitcher of milk for the dining table that kids can easily pour.

I hope all of you creative people can help me out.

I have many of the big plastic canisters that powdered coffee creamer comes in. We drink A LOT of coffee around here! I'm reusing one to store sugar in. It's great because it has the spout on it for pouring. Other than that, what else could I use these containers for? I'm at a loss, and I hate to throw these canisters out. There's got to be other ways of reusing these. Thanks. and I'm looking forward to all of the creative ideas you have.

Lynn from Colbert, GA

They come in handy for flour, sugar. I use them around Christmas. I like to make flavored coffee and teas. We have been short on cash the last couple of years so I make family & friends a basket of crocheted things and the drink mixes, baked cookies and breads.

Just this year I started using the containers from creamers and lemonade for instant potatoes,dog treats, choc. drink mix, spaghetti noodles ( broke in half) pencils,crayons, clips, etc. They come in very handy in our travel trailer. Does not useup much space and keeps ants and other bugs out.

Take ten of the coffee creamer bottles and fill half full of sand. Glue the tops on with silicone or Gorilla glue. Take a piece of 1/8" thin Luan plywood and paint spots on it in a triangle pattern to make a pattern to set up bowling pins. Set up in your driveway, pace off a bowling lane, and use a soccer ball to make a lawn bowling game for kids or adults. Great for yards parties.

I have tons of Coffee Mate liquid cream containers in three sizes: 32 oz, 64 oz (2 qt), and 16 oz. I think they would be great to make gifts for young and old.

Could you please suggest ideas and instructions for something easy and inexpensive? I guess I need to get started, the holidays are near. I also want to say thank you for accepting me. I am so excited to be a part of ThriftyFun. I am looking forward to a very long stay here. Blessings.

By Linda H

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Crafting with Coffee Mate Liquid containers - They can be used to storage a variety of materials. I am an art teacher and I would especially save them to make snowmen/women or a nesting doll where you only have one and there are books to read to the kids before creating the art project. There are many colorful books on snowmen and Patricia Polacco has a story called Babushka Doll that would be perfect!

Does anyone have craft ideas for the larger Coffee-Mate containers with the powder creamer? It seems a waste to get rid of them.

By Michelle

You can use the container to make a bird feeder.

They are great for food. I keep rice in one and the little spout is great for measuring out smaller amounts. They are also good for syrup and other liquids. They can also be great for taking soup to work, as the spout again is nice for pouring into a mug. Get the shaker kind of pancake mix and use this to make perfect pancakes.

You can also use them for string or cord in the shop, small items in the craft room (labeled of course), and for keeping change or dog treats in the car.

I use lots of liquid creamer and have saved the bottles. I want to make a craft the children will enjoy.

By Gidget123 from OK

Remove any labelling if possible. If not, sand and paint white. Add colorful stripes with tape or paint and number them from 1-10 with craft paint or self adhesive colorful numbers. Weight the bottoms with sand or small stones. Glue the lids on and any pour spouts closed with a glue for plastic or hot glue. Set them up like a bowling alley and use a soft sponge ball (Nerf perhaps) and let them bowl outside or in a basement playroom would probably be best. Or let them use them for building or stacking by adding both letters and numbers to make for some fun learning. Even a large chess set might work using creamer bottles labelled with the name of the piece, like king, queen, pawn etc.

I have made many banks from those bottles, using mod podge and thin pretty paper. Kids can tear the paper into small pieces and glue them on with mod podge. When it is all covered, put a final coat over all. Let dry an hour or so between coats and then embellish with beads around the top. My grandkids love this. (Use a plastic tablecloth as this can get messy especially with kids. Also, be sure to wash paintbrushes thoroughly with warm water between coats). Have fun!

I, too, go through a lot of coffee creamer and was looking for a use for the bottles. The other day, my 3 year old was complaining that her 'baby robots' (legos) couldnt go to space because they didnt have a rocket ship. Ii made her a space shuttle. I just covered it in printer paper and colored it, and stuck a few triangles of cardboard for wings. She's a big fan! It turned out pretty cute. You can cut the bottom out so 'baby robots' can ride inside!

I take coffee-mate containers, the ones that are found in the dairy case, and use them for sugar dispensers. You can cut and peel the outside plastic off. You could use these for other dry ingredients as well.

By Janett48 from Stamps, AR

Answers:

Uses For Coffee Creamer Containers

I also use them for my laundry detergent, generic oxyclean and fabric softener. I hate lifting those heavy liquid detergent bottles. I posted this idea on thriftyfun a while ago. (05/13/2009)

By MCW

RE: Uses For Coffee Creamer Containers

Uses for Coffee Creamer Containers

Ha ha on me, I wanted to see what everybody came up with. the first picture showed me I need to take a break. I thought you meant those you get from restaurants What a dope, but when I went looking for a pics.of what I meant. I found this site. She has way to much time on her hands
(http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=266969.0%3Ball) A coffee creamer cozy (05/16/2009)

By bridget not gidget

RE: Uses for Coffee Creamer Containers

Uses for Coffee Creamer Containers

How about refilling them with homemade creamer for less than you pay for store bought?

• 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
  • 2-3 cups of milk
  • 2 tsp. of your favorite flavoring extract
Or even better yet, make your own sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/2 cup hot water
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup powder milk

(05/17/2009)

By SusLuvsVintage

Uses for Coffee Creamer Containers

I use the Coffeemate ones (with the pour spout that flips open) to keep cooking oil handy near the stove. Much easier to use than the screw-off capped bottles the oil comes in originally. Easier to control the amount, too. Also great for keeping paint handy for touch-up projects without pouring out a big pan full and risking it drying out and getting wasted. If you use a sponge-type paint applicator, you can squirt paint directly onto the sponge! (07/12/2009)

By `republichik

Uses for Coffee Creamer Containers

I have a big dog who will sneak into the kitchen garbage can if any kind of leftover bones are in there. Not a good thing. We used to have to be extremely diligent and take any bones--most especially chicken, which can splinter easily and do the most intestinal tract damage, to the outside trash immediately at dinner cleanup until we started using empty creamer containers for this purpose.

I just stuff them into the container, screw the lid back on and throw it in the kitchen can--and the dog doesn't bother with them. I'm not running to toss out half-full trash bags any more.

These containers are also great for discarding leftover cooking oil or the gunk that gathers in the sink drain strainer ( without having to sprint across the kitchen to dump it there--usually a wet, sloppy mess). (01/11/2010)

By PupperMom

Ideas For Reusing Large Size Creamer Bottles

Got Creamer?

I go through at least one of these per week. I thought you might like some ideas as to what to do with the ones you may not recycle.

1. I use them for dressings that I make from mixes.
  2. I mix some body washes when they get too used up and keep them in the shower. Same for shampoos, etc.
  3. Cut some holes in the very top for a cord to hang it, then cut some larger holes around the lower part and fill with bird seed.
  4. Keep bread crumbs, sunflower seeds or nuts, syrup, pastas, coffee, or just about any small or liquid food that you might want to pour instead of scoop.
  5. Small skeins of yarn, directions and hooks/needles can be kept safe in your car or purse for those times you get stuck waiting.
  6. Garden seeds or fertilizer/plant food (kept locked up or VERY high).
  7. Uncap and use for a nice vase.
  8. Keep the caps on and use as a kids bowling pin set.

By Sandra from Salem OR

Editor's Note: Do you have any ideas to share for reusing these bottles? Post them here.

Answers:

How about using them for ice melt in the winter (if you don't have a large sidewalk to worry about, then you can just refill when needed (08/12/2008)

By Kathy

1) Fill them with Laundry detergent to bring to the laundry mat.

2) I fill mine with DRY creamer to set out at picnics or gatherings. Everyone knows what's inside :)

Please, whatever you put in them, mark the bottles! Or you could end up with creamer in your laundry. Or worse. Tide in your coffee! (08/12/2008)

By Simply Joyful

I've seen the one with the red lid, made into a Christmas decoration as a snowman.
(08/12/2008)

By PICO

RE: Ideas For Reusing Large Size Creamer Bottles

I use mine for leftover noodles,pasta shells, navy beans, etc.

Pico- I love the idea of the snowmen (08/13/2008)

By imaqt1962

I use one for my children's cinnamon toast. I mix the sugar and cinnamon together, which makes it really handy, then they can help make it. (08/13/2008)

By Julia

I don't use creamer, as I am allergic to milk, but I think these kind of containers would be great to take stuff to work for lunch, in. For example, milk, juice, salad dressing, water, etc. would all go great in this type of container. Also, you could fill it with stuff that would rattle when you shake it, glue the lid on, and then let your dog or cat play with it. (08/14/2008)

By crazyliblady

I put rice or sand inside about a third of the way and then I glued a half of doll body and head on top. Made a little dress and sold them at the arts and crafts fair for $7.
(08/17/2008)

By Marilyn

From the original poster: TIDE in the coffee! You are right, felt markers are priceless. To the snowman lady: wonderful idea! And to the lady who can't drink milk, these are all non-dairy. Most are made with whey powder and coconut products, but no milk. I hope you can at least try some. They are wonderful for coffee!

Sandra of Salem OR (08/17/2008)

By Poor But Proud

If you buy the little containers (smaller size) you could fill with water and freeze to stick in husband's lunchbox in the morn to keep things cold. Just make sure they stand up right because if filled with liquids, they will leak. Use for crafts and fill with buttons, sequins, eyes, etc. Cut off the tops and use for pen and pencil holders. Have kids decorate. xoxo (08/22/2008)

By boomboomkitty

I removed the lid and washed an empty coffee creamer container, dried it thoroughly, tied a scrap of ribbon around the center, added some artificial flowers inside and made a vase for the shelf in my daughter's room.

There could be more decorations added, such as hot gluing beads, painting the creamer bottle with acrylic paints, etc.

My creamer jar had a wider opening, it was the dry type creamer. (08/25/2008)

By Dibbs

I have a lot of those very large plastic creamer containers that hold powdered creamer for coffee. I hate throwing them away and I've got one that I keep my sugar in.

Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.