Handmade Paper Frame
This is an old frame made new with the addition of handmade paper and a little ribbon. I did not make the paper myself, though I know there are directions on the internet and in books telling how to do this.
Approximate Time: 30 minutes
- old picture frame
- piece of handmade paper
- ribbon (optional)
- Remove glass and backing from frame.
- Set frame on back of paper. Draw a line on the paper around the outside of the frame, keeping it about an inch away from the frame - you will need enough excess to wrap around to the back of the frame.
- Now draw a line on the paper around the inside of the frame (where you would put the picture), keeping it about an inch away from the inside of the frame - again, you will need enough to wrap around to the back of the frame.
- Cut on the lines you made and you will have a paper frame a little larger than your original one.
- Place glue over the front, sides, and around to the back of your original frame. Carefully, set the paper over the glue and press it smoothly over the frame surface, around the sides and onto the back.
- If desired, you can glue ribbon and a bow or other decorative items to the frame.
Note: If you have a frame larger than the paper, you can tear two sheets of paper into strips and glue these to the frame in layers.
By Marie from West Dundee, IL
September 26, 20080 found this helpful
That is really cute .Would make a good gift for a baby girl shower.
June 24, 20130 found this helpful
This is awesome and I am going to have to try it with decorative duct tape.....thanks for posting this awesome craft!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on November 30, 2016 at 7:32:55 PM on 10.0.0.163 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us