Yellow Stains on Sheets

My husband leaves a yellow stain on the sheets, the full length of his body. It takes awhile to show up on new sheets but after awhile it is definitely there. It also shows up on the pillowcases and seeps into the pillow. Other women have told me they have the same problem.

It isn't an oil stain since he doesn't have oily skin. Does anyone know what it is or how to remove the stain? I have tried pure Javex and Borax, but that doesn't remove any of the stain. We would really appreciate knowing what the stains are and how to remove them. Thank you in advance.

By Emma from Moncton, NB

Is it possible this is a nicotine stain? Does he smoke or chew tobacco? I have never heard of this.

My husband neither smokes nor chews tobacco and he does the same thing. I think it's sweat stains because he sweats at the least little thing. Also, I finally convinced him to use a washcloth when he showers and that has helped a little. As a last resort, I bought navy sheets.

Thanks for the answers, yes he does smoke, but I also found three of my friends who's husband do the same and they don't smoke.

Emma

I am not sure how to remove the stain other than safe non-chlorine bleach weekly but if DH showered (sloughing with a washcloth as already mentioned) before going to bed each night it would greatly help. If, after a couple of weeks this does not help at all it may be caused from medications he might take or foods he eats.

I have heard of this. Not sure what it is, but I have always heard that a cup of Cascade dishwasher detergent in a hot wash along with your usual detergent works well. I have had several people tell me it worked for them. This may lighten light colored sheets. Probably not a good idea for dark colors. Good Luck!

These are probably sweat stains a lot like ring around the collar stains which can easily be removed by rubbing a cheap shampoo into the stain shampoo is designed to break down body oil and sweat. The cheap stuff that leaves your hair feeling really dry because it over strips your hair that is the best.

Does he eat a lot of food containing turmeric--or take curcumin supplement capsules? Check this:

http://margaret.healthblogs.org/lif ... umin/getting-rid-of-curcumin-stains/

It mentions staining on sheets that sounds almost exactly like your post.

I have used a product called BIZ as a pre-treating method for yellowing on the underarms of my husband's white t-shirts. I soak for 2 hours, then throw in wash with regular detergent and more Biz and it gets them out. Also, hang in the sun to dry. I'm thinking it's some type of perspiration stain on the sheets.

I think his body is detoxing during the night.

While I have no solution for that, I would try Dawn dish washing detergent for the stains. I just used it to remove human urine stains from decorative rugs around the commode.

If it were my husband, and he would never do this mind you, I would take him to a holistic healer and find out what he's detoxing during the night. This is really important for his health.

Lots of luck!

A lot of men don't use wash cloths when they shower. They need to. Also you might just have to give in and change the sheets every few days. If he showers in the morning maybe you can get him to change and shower at night instead. This could just be dead skin cells that he isn't getting off because he doesn't use a washcloth.

If none of the soaps succeed in removing this from the sheets. I too agree with the poster about seeing what "toxins" are being released from his body.

About removing spots from the sheets. I'd put a half gallon of milk into a bowl or bucket, and soak the sheet for SEVERAL hours, then it wring out, and throw that into your washing machine. No need to

rinse it first, just wash normally after wringing out the milk.

Protein to protein adhesion occurs, and the milk proteins will adhere to the substance that is secreting from his body and break up the molecules enough to enable the washing afterward to remove this "protein secretion" in the fibers of the sheets.

Okay, this happens to ME all the time! I'm the stain-maker! But so is my son, age 23! I'm 54, menopausal, with night sweats sometimes. I have an olive-toned complexion. My son's skin is more fair and I don't know if he sweats at night. I use washcloths when I shower, but maybe I should scrub more?! Weird. I only know that this happens with my son when he stayed at an apartment I owned in the city last year. He moved, and I took the sheets off his bed later and saw that they looked like mine!

Washing Bed Sheets
Cleaning Bed Sheets
Home and Garden Cleaning Linens and BlanketsMay 12, 2010
Cleaning Old Dresses
Removing Yellow Creases from Stored Dresses
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
Yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
Homemade Yellow Cake Recipes
Cookie sheet
Uses for Old Cookie Sheets
🎄
🍂