Salmon Squares with Mushroom Pea Sauce
This is a great recipe that uses canned salmon.
- 2 cups cooked rice (3/4 cup uncooked)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 1 can salmon, drained and flaked
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 cup soda cracker crumbs
Mushroom Pea Sauce
- 3 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1 can sliced mushrooms (4oz.), drained
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup cooked peas, drained
- 2 Tbsp. pimento, finely chopped
For Salmon: Combine all ingredients except cracker crumbs. Spoon into a buttered 12x7 inch baking pan. Sprinkle cracker crumbs over top. Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes or until firm in center. Cut into squares. Serve with mushroom pea sauce.
For Sauce: Cook mushrooms in butter or margarine for 5 minutes. Stir in flour and salt. Gradually add milk. Cook until smooth and thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in peas and pimento, cooking until hot. Spoon over salmon squares.
By Robin from Washington, IA
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 3, 2016 at 9:27:27 PM on 10.0.0.127 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us