Cat Urine Odor on Wood Cabinets

My cat piddled in my kitchen cabinets. They are wood and I would like to have suggestions on how to get the smell out. Thanks.

By packlestax from Dayton, OH

Dousing it with white vinegar helps, the vinegar smells for awhile, but it should fade over time and may make the cabinet unappealing to the cat. Some people say Pine Sol works, I guess you would douse it real good too.

Try Odoban.... I've gotten rid of some nasty cat odors in the past by using it.

KidsNPets I have only found it at walmart in the laundry soap dish soap aisle. This stuff is it. It will remove the smell completely. I cannot live without it. Ihave 2 elderly cats and they have mistakes. It is also endorsed by Animal Planet.

Try it you will love it.

I don't know about wood. Depends on how absorbent the wood it. I once had a male cat spray all over my front porch & metal security door. I mixed up a spray bottle of white vinegar & about 1tsp or less, for a quart, mix well, & spray the surface well & wipe down with wet cloth or towel. Then I sprayed till dripping the whole surface & let dry. Not only did it deodorize it, the cats don't like the scent & stay away from then on. I read about the vinegar for this problem in a helpful hints book. Vinegar is a great deodorizer. Put it into a open bowl & let sit in a room. It will remove many odors.

Vinegar and baking soda; sprinkle on the baking soda through on the vinegar let it stand until dry they will never go back. I have 6 cats!

Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsJune 26, 2009
Wood Kitchen Cabinets
Cleaning Wood Cabinets
A cat sitting on a couch.
Removing Cat Urine Odor from a Couch
White painted kitchen cabinets.
Cleaning Painted Cabinets
Wood cabinet doors ready to be painted.
Painting Wood Cabinets
🎉
🎄