Inexpensive Birthday Gift for Boyfriend

My boyfriend is turning 18 in a couple of days and I haven't gotten him anything. The fact is I don't have the means to get him something nice. I do however, own something I think could be a gift. It's a solid glass which has a motorcycle made out of air in it. He likes cars and bikes so is this a good gift? I'm not so sure of this gift because a couple of our friends have seen it in my home before. Oops. Please help.

By Jenny from Varna, Bularia

Best Answer

Jenny! If I were an 18 year old guy, I would love that as a gift and just the idea that you would like him to have something of yours, is so-o-o sweet. And who cares that some of your friends saw it.The only thing that matters is that you would like him to have it. So I vote, tie a ribbon on it and give it to him. I bet in 20 years, he'll still have it!

Best Answer

Kate Middleton doesn't mind that Prince William gave her his mom's ring, and the whole world knows that it's not new. That makes it sentimental. If you think he'll like it, go for it! If he's the right kind of guy, he won't mind even if he knows it was already yours.

Best Answer

I think that if he is into cycles, this would be a good gift. I agree with the others, the fact that it was yours makes it sentimental, you are parting with something that you liked, to give it to him.

Giving a gift should be from the heart, not about how much you have to spend. It is in the giving that the message is sent, and a thoughtful gift, such as something that you know he will like, is more important than going out and spending money on something pointless. Also, if this guy cares about you and isn't a materialistic schmuck, then he will very much appreciate your gift, knowing that you took the time to think of something that would mean something to him.

Don't re-gift. Give him a home made coupon for a car wash.

You could make him a tie dye shirt it does not cost much but you should buy a kit, not the powder die, cause in a kit all you do is add water to the bottle and it's something you can both do.

January 27, 2011 Flag

My boyfriend is turning 16 on January 3rd and I don't know what to get him. I'm 15 so it's not like I have a lot of money, but we've been dating for 8 months and I've known him for 10 years, so I want to get him something good. Will you help me?

By Emily from FL

Answers:

Inexpensive Birthday Gift for Boyfriend

My son's girlfriend got him a picture collage filled with pictures of them doing things and going places. You could use any pictures of him with his friends, him with you, him with family, just any meaningful pictures would be good and all for the price of a frame. (08/14/2010)

By Glenn'sMom

Inexpensive Birthday Gift for Boyfriend

What about a personalized key chain? For a car key? (08/17/2010)

By mom of towers

Inexpensive Birthday Gift for Boyfriend

Can you knit or crochet ?
If so, you can make him a "one-of-a-kind " present. Something that is personal, but will not cost a lot of $$$. Scarves are so popular now, both for guys and gals. Choose the yarn in your school colors, or in his favorite color. Or make two scarves just alike. His and hers!

There are free patterns on line. And most of them will tell you if they are easy, or for beginners, and so on. If you do not knit or crochet, find someone that is willing to teach you the basics. A scarf is made from basic stitches. Most people who knit or crochet will be glad to show you how.
(08/17/2010)

By Barb in Tennessee

August 12, 2010 Flag

My boyfriend is turning 18 in 2 more days, but I don't know what to get him for his birthday. I don't have a lot of money right now so I want to get him something that doesn't cost a lot. What should I get him?

By Monica from San Diego, CA

Answers:

Inexpensive Birthday Gift for Boyfriend

Make him a card. Don't buy it, make it. Express yourself and mention how he makes you feel. If you have it in you be poetic. If not, don't worry about it. Just mention how special he is and how you hope his birthday is special as well. (04/17/2010)

By Suntydt

Inexpensive Birthday Gift for Boyfriend

It depends on what he likes, and how much you have to spend. The aforementioned card is a nice idea, but it helps to have a gift, as well.

Does he have a favorite sports team? A car he's really proud of? Then a hardware store or car parts store might have a keychain with either his favorite team or the brand of his car.
A T-shirt with a slogan he might like is a good bet. Something funny, or political, or whatever he's into.

Is there a book he'd be interested in? A CD of music he might like? Things like this are under $20.

Whatever you get, don't forget the romantic card. And it's also a nice touch to treat him to dinner, home cooked, if the local restaurants are out of your price range. A table that's set nicely, with candlelight, is always romantic. I hope some of these ideas help! (04/17/2010)

By WildIrish

Inexpensive Birthday Gift for Boyfriend

The ultimate gift for any partner is a homemade gift card booklet. Take construction paper or any paper and cut into coupon size. Hand write things you can do for him, ex., back massage for a weekend, I free movie your choice, and so on. Decorate each coupon with special memories or art work. You could also put together an album of pictures from your 1st date till recently. These are gifts from the heart, not the store. Good luck. (04/19/2010)

By beverlina46

Inexpensive Birthday Gift for Boyfriend

Have a black and white picture of you in a special homemade frame or better yet an event you all attended and give him the best picture from that. (04/19/2010)

By beverlina46

Inexpensive Birthday Gift for Boyfriend

When my friend was your age, she made her boyfriend a unique gift. It was the "tape" from a calculator or adding machine. She wrote little notes on it about him, like their favorite song, the first time they met, etc. Then he could unroll it and read it. It was a really cool idea. (04/19/2010)

By LanaL

Inexpensive Birthday Gift for Boyfriend

Why not bake him a big batch of chocolate chip cookies and give him 11 gift cards (for a different kind of cookie once a month for a year). It's an old saying, but still true: "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach." (04/20/2010)

By Goldie2

April 17, 2010 Flag

My boyfriend is turning 17 this January. I'm already spending $120 on his Christmas present. What can I get him for his birthday that is cheap/free? I want it to be special, but not expensive.

Woman giving her boyfriend a gift.
Birthday Gift Ideas for a Boyfriend
Holidays and Parties Gifts BirthdayJanuary 27, 2011
Boyfriend and Girlfriend
Locating an Old Boyfriend
boyfriend and girlfriend
Gift Ideas for Boyfriend's 19th Birthday
Gift Ideas for a New Boyfriend
Gift Ideas for a New Boyfriend
Anniversary Gift Ideas for a Boyfriend
Anniversary Gift Ideas for a Boyfriend
🎉
🎄