Homemade Sugar Exfoliator Recipes

Sugar works as a great base for an exfoliator. Exfoliation is an important step to keeping your skin looking young and vibrant. This page contains recipes for homemade sugar exfoliators.

March 17, 2003 Flag
Face Scrub from the Kitchen

I have discovered the most amazing face & body scrub straight from my own kitchen! Take a 1/2 cup of sugar, 2 Tbsp. of olive oil and 1 Tbsp. of any extract (I've tried vanilla and mint - but not together!). Mix all ingredients, jump in the shower, wet your skin, massage the scrub into your skin and rinse. The sugar removes all the dead skin and all that remains is soft skin from the olive oil. I've even used it on my face and lips (don't rub too hard) and my face looks and feels amazing.

Don't be concerned about olive oil on your face - it's one of the most natural oils and won't clog your pores. I love using the vanilla for Saturday nights and peppermint for mornings. You can use any scent you want! Experiment and enjoy!

By Ricki from Westfield, MA

Do you need to use "virgin" Olive oil if it is your first time?

White sugar or brown?

I've been an esthetician for over six years and we have used this scrub at my place of employment for as long as I've been there it is great for your skin however not for use on face! I do not recommend putting it on the face even if you rub gently because the tissue on your face is thinner and more delicate it will cause premature aging and puts you in a higher risk of sun spots and even skin cancer because of the agents in the olive oil when its under your skin as with any oil type product the sun is attracted to it. I recommend keeping it on the body everyone.

For the person asking about oily skin: I have oily skin and love olive oil. It soaks in fast, and doesn't clog pores. It's great for feet, elbows, and cuticles, as well. I put a Tbls in a new bottle of hair conditioner, too. Shake well before every use. It tames frizz, and makes even my fine, limp hair look better than ever.

August 25, 2011 Flag

I use lemon juice and sugar (try not to lick your face). Mix together and gently rub on your face. Let stay on about 15 minutes, and then rinse with warm water. It will lighten age spots and freckles.

August 24, 2011 Flag

This is a recipe for a simple summer detox face cleanser. We play in the mountains a lot and this facial removes dirt, grime, and sweat and leaves my face fresh. I use it 2 times a week, especially after a long ride on our four wheelers!

October 2, 2007 Flag

Sugar is a very good Exfoliator. Try this Sugar Exfoliator to get that amazing glow on your skin.

Health & Beauty Beauty Beauty Recipes FacialsAugust 18, 2011
Sugar Snap Peas
Freezing Snow Peas (Sugar, Chinese, or Sugar Snap Peas)
Ground Cinnamon
Sugar Free Cinnamon and Sugar Recipes
Homemade Exfoliator
Homemade Exfoliator Recipes
Storing Sugar
Storing Sugar