Eucalyptus Spearmint Bath Salts

I love this scent combination when my body is feeling tired. But buying it at the store is much too expensive. So I figured out how to make my own eucalyptus spearmint blend. I placed the salts in a jar I painted with dots. It's all green, in honor of my spring fever.

Approximate Time: 5 minutes

• 1 cup Epsom Salt
  • 1/4 cup baking soda
  • 3 drops spearmint essential oil
  • 3 drops eucalyptus essential oil
  • 2 drops green food coloring

1. Pour the salt and baking soda in a small bowl. Mix together.
  2. Add essential oils and mix well.
  3. Split the mixture into two even batches.
  4. Place the second half in a separate bowl. Add food coloring to bowl and mix well.
  5. Tilt a glass jar and pour a little of the plain salt in. Pour some green salt in. Repeat switching until bottle is full. This will give you the neat, multi wave effect.

By Aysha from Boise, ID

Editor's Note: To see how Aysha made this beautiful bottle, see her previous post here:

Sounds great - just out of interest, I take it the food colouring is diluted so much, in the bath, it doesn't leave you with a green tint?

Yup! As long as you only use a little food coloring, 2 drops, in the batch, it doesn't stain. Since the non-colored salt will also be mixing with the green when you pour it out, it helps dilute the color even further.

Homemade Bath Salts
Homemade Bath Salts Recipes
Crafts Bath & Beauty BathMarch 17, 2009
Lilac Bubble Bath
Lilac Bubble Bath
Spearmint growing in a container.
Growing Spearmint
Eucalyptus Branch
Preserving Eucalyptus Branches
Photo fo a spearmint plant.
Uses for Spearmint