Homemade Bath Salts Recipes

Its easier than you think! All you need is 1/4 cup Epsom salts and 1/4 cup sea, kosher, or rock salt stirred together in a glass bowl for one unscented bath soak Of course, you can mix up oodles of extra to place in glass jars with tight fitting lids.

Want scented bath salts instead of unscented? Simply stir in the amount of scent strength you desire of your favorite 'pure essential oil' and you're good to go! Oh, the scented salts store well too. My personal favorite assorted scents are eucalyptus (stimulating), jasmine (relaxing), lavender (calming), orange (refreshing), rose (relaxing) and ylang ylang (which is both relaxing and stimulating).

By Deeli from Richland, WA

25 More Solutions

Great for Grandma presents!

Here is a bath salt I made. So relaxing and also great for gifts. Mix salts in a bowl, then add essential oils and food coloring (start with 8 drops or so and add more as needed).

I have found that when you have a bottle of bath gel and want to make it go farther, find a nice glass jar, one that has a good lid on it, and pour some Epson salts in the jar, then pour the bath gel over the salts. You now have a great scrub!

Making bath salts is not only easy, but it's super fun and something your whole family will enjoy doing together. To make the recipe, just mix all ingredients in a large glass bowl, then store in an attractive covered container.

Use this to revitalize your tired muscles:

My daughters went to some sort of party (the pocketbook kind) and spent almost 50 dollars for this! I just stared at them.

Mix dry ingredients together first. Sift. Add scent. Mix well then sift together to incorporate the scent.

Mix dry ingredients together first. Sift. Add scent. Mix well then sift together to incorporate the scent...

My "Secret" recipe for bath salts

Where can I find the best deals on salts, jars, and essential oils?

By Makeila

Answers

I like to shop at Hobby Lobby for those supplies. I found some cute glass jars with attached wooden spoons at a reasonable price.

Any crafts store line A C Moore will have them.

Answer this Question

Can I use vanilla flavoring to scent my bath salts instead of essential oils? I bought an almond flavor and can't smell a thing.

By Sherry P

Answers

Usually not, as they are made to enhance flavor not smell. Also, they may attract insects. You could try a small batch though and test it. But the oils that are added to bath salts do certain things-such as calm, relax, make you sleepy...not sure that vanilla does any of those other than just smell good.

Vanilla flavoring has little odor. You need a good quality oil.

Answer this Question

Could I please get a recipe, as I'm thinking of a homemade Christmas.

By Tracey

Answers

You can buy bath salts (Epson salt) already scented at Walmart or you can make your own. Just add a few drops of essential oil in your favorite fragrance to plain bath salt, mix well, and let sit a while.

Answer this Question

Bath salts can make a great gift at Christmas time. This is a page about christmas bath salts.

Christmas Bath Salts

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 2

By adding food coloring to Epsom salts you can make pretty bath salts to use or give as a gift. This is a page about making colored bath salts.

Blue Colored
Bath Salts

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Use herbs and oils to invigorate your homemade bath salts. This is a page about invigorating bath salts.

A jar of turquoise colored homemade bath salts.

Load More
Crafts Bath & Beauty BathFebruary 12, 2013
😷
🎃
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Homemade-Bath-Salts-Recipes.html