Baby Oil Stains on Jogging Pants

I got baby oil on my swooshy pants (like jogging pants) and have no idea how to get it out, I am pretty sure it will stain. I haven't washed them yet because I am not sure what to do. It happened today. Any tips please! I just bought them.

Thanks,

Sara from Ohio

As always, test an inconspicuous spot first but for any type of oily/greasy stain (cooking oil, greasy food drops, etc.) I've had success with treating the area first with either Goo Gone or Oops. Both of these have worked well for me in the past.

I once had a horrible butter stain on my jeans (due to eating popcorn with a detachable lid to the bowl). Anyhow, I thought the jeans were ruined forever, because I washed them and the stain didn't come out! I was beside myself, because they were a favorite pair of jeans. This is what I did.

I sprayed WD-40 on the stain, let it sit for a little while, then washed the jeans again, and to my surprise, the butter stain was gone! The WD-40 washed out, too!

Many years ago, I worked as a laundress at an upscale hotel. We used cheap shampoo for oily hair as a pre-treatment for oily stains. Make sure to launder in hot water (necessary for oily stains, but other stains should be laundered in cool water to prevent setting the stain). A friend uses dish detergent as a pre-treatment on oily stains with much sucess.

try putting cornstarch or baby powder on the oil stain to soak up as much oil as you can..repeat if its not all out, then use dawn dish soap....do not put in dryer until all the stain is out or it will set the stain.

hard to believe but wd 40 is the answer it will make the oil in your pants liquid and then grease cutting detergent will remove oil

I would try Dawn dishwashing liquid. Cut grease and oil out of your way.

I SPRAY 409 ON THE STAIN, RUBAND RINSE OFF WITH HOT WATER THEN WASH IN WASHER AS USUAL.

Removing Baby Oil Stains from Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning StainsOctober 6, 2004
Disposing of Used Motor Oil, Used Motor Oil in a Gallon Jug
Disposing of Used Motor Oil
dirty garage floor
Removing Oil Stains from Garage Floor
Up close photo of a dirty driveway.
Removing Oil Spills from Your Driveway
Jug of used motor oil.
Removing Motor Oil Stains From Carpet
🎄